Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 5, 2016 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7,153

slowpickr

Headphoneus Supremus
There is a popular Chinese/Asian thread over in the Portable section but the focus there is mostly IEMs. So, I thought it would be a good idea to start one that is headphone focused. Feel free to discuss any Asian made hidden gems that you find. Brands like Superlux and Takstar always seem to offer great value for the money.

So have at it folks and please keep it civil!
beerchug.gif

Edit: @peter123 brings up a good point. The intent of this thread is to discuss lesser known Asian headphone manufacturers that offer great value for the $$$. Not big name brands such as Sennheiser or AKG that may be made in Asia. Anyway, I don't make the rules and can't prevent anyone discussing anything. Just wanted to clarify the "intent" of this thread.

Edit 2: Here is a link to some mods graciously provided by @Slater:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-207#post-14097278

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 7,153
Here is one that gets good feedback.  Would love to try it.  It's the Bosshifi B8.

Oct 5, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 7,153
Great initiative mate!

This is going to be an excellent thread.

I've got the following Asian full sized headphones so far:

Ausdom M08
Brainwavz HM2
Brainwavz HM5
Fostex T50rp x 2 (different mods in both)
HiFiMan HE400i
Superlux HD662f
Takstar Pro80
Takstar HI2050
Takstar TS662

If anyone have any questions about any of these I'll do my best to answer them :)

Oct 5, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 7,153
Great initiative mate!

This is going to be an excellent thread.

I've got the following Asian full sized headphones so far:

Brainwavz HM5
Fostex T50rp x 2 (different mods in both)
HiFiMan HE400i
Takstar Pro80
Takstar HI2050
Takstar TS662

If anyone have any questions about any of these I'll do my best to answer them
smily_headphones1.gif

Great collection there!  My latest addition is the Superlux HD662 Evo.  Sounds fair OOTB.  But some simple modding greatly improves things.  Comfort is not that great though and it has cheap build which I believe to be typical of Superlux.  I only gave $38 for it though so you can't expect much.

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #5 of 7,153
I have some modified Monoprice 8323 (HM5 pads, comfort strap, Monoprice mobile cable, damping and vent mod) and Superlux HD668b headphones. I have previously had HD681 EVO but sold them. 

Oct 6, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #6 of 7,153
Great collection there!  My latest addition is the Superlux HD662 Evo.  Sounds fair OOTB.  But some simple modding greatly improves things.  Comfort is not that great though and it has cheap build which I believe to be typical of Superlux.  I only gave $38 for it though so you can't expect much.

Nice! I also forgot that I've got the Superlux HD662f myself and like it quite a bit.

I also forgot about a couple of Bluetooth headphones that I've added now :wink:

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #8 of 7,153
Who generally seem to make better headphones out of Superlux and Takstar?

My impression from three Takstar and only one Superlux is that build quality is generally better on Takstar while sound comes down to your preferences.

I also believe, without having any experience with the cheapest Takstar models, that Superlux may offer a better value since they're generally cheaper on the most popular models.

Oct 6, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #10 of 7,153
Personally I like threads to be as clean as possible. If we include everything made in China we'll be talking Sennheiser and AKG here as well which I kind of feel would make this thread extremely wide and lose its purpose (to me). This is just my opinion though, I don't set the rules but fortunately I can choose which threads I'd like to follow and which I don't.

That being said iirc there's some kind
of connections between 1more and Xiaomi, might remember wrong though....

Oct 6, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #11 of 7,153
Personally I like threads to be as clean as possible. If we include everything made in China we'll be talking Sennheiser and AKG here as well which I kind of feel would make this thread extremely wide and lose its purpose (to me). This is just my opinion though, I don't set the rules but fortunately I can choose which threads I'd like to follow and which I don't.

I actually thought 1More were Chinese and owned by Xiaomi until recently
redface.gif
. You can get their gear through Aliexpress though, you can't get Senns and AKG through Ali, well not real ones anyway.

So they're Chinese market 
blink.gif
?

Oct 6, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #12 of 7,153

OP edited to clarify intent of this thread.  Thanks.

Oct 6, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #13 of 7,153
Hi, I'm from the IEMs thread.
Does anyone have both the Superlux HD681 (red + black) and HD681B (gray + black) for comparison ?
The HD681 is more praised but it's not available in my country, i have to order oversea. I like my cans to sound bright, not too mid-bass elevated.
Thanks anyway !
smile_phones.gif

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #14 of 7,153
Takstar Pro80 is the same as the Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 I believe which is a gaming headset with a removable mic. I have the Cloud 2 ran thru an Astro Mixamp for surround from my XBOX One. I have listened to them straight outta my X3ii/HA2 setup and they are really good. So if you are gamer as well I suggest these, also they include a surround sound USB adapter that works for PC

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #15 of 7,153
  Hi, I'm from the IEMs thread.
Does anyone have both the Superlux HD681 (red + black) and HD681B (gray + black) for comparison ?
The HD681 is more praised but it's not available in my country, i have to order oversea. I like my cans to sound bright, not too mid-bass elevated.
Thanks anyway !
smile_phones.gif

Can't speak for the HD681B but I did have the regular HD681 for a few years.  If you like bright treble, it has it in abundance.  Don't recall the mid-bass being obtrusive.  Replacing the pleather pads with velvet reduces the bass a little and makes them more comfortable (no sweat).  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back