CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Apr 29, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #25,846 of 25,860
This is entertaining

What I always find fascinating is that I can easily hear the better musicality from Chord and this is on my ipad through Youtube compression+wireless beats flex earphones😄. I would guess that all of the musicality must get lost in the process but it doesn't. I could easily tell which one sounded more musical and after finally finding the reveal video it was confirmed that I didn‘t need to start from the beginning with my audio journey
(the first one was way more musical to me and it was our beloved Dave)

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #25,847 of 25,860
What I always find fascinating is that I can easily hear the better musicality from Chord and this is on my ipad through Youtube compression+wireless beats flex earphones😄. I would guess that all of the musicality must get lost in the process but it doesn't. I could easily tell which one sounded more musical and after finally finding the reveal video it was confirmed that I didn‘t need to start from the beginning with my audio journey
Well, arguably, it wasn't ...
... DAVE being listened to, it was the Rockport. It's a matter of how transparent the DAC was. And then there's the ADC...

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:36 AM Post #25,848 of 25,860
it was the Rockport
IMG_0138.jpeg
This one? I don’t get what you are saying😄
Ah, ok if I google Rockport audio I get speakers instead of shoes. But I still don’t understand what you mean.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #25,849 of 25,860

No other DACs can produce musicality, you can't enjoy music at all on a non chord dac, if you think you can then you are either lying to yourself or absolutely deaf.

May 1, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #25,850 of 25,860
No other DACs can produce musicality, you can't enjoy music at all on a non chord dac, if you think you can then you are either lying to yourself or absolutely deaf.
I get the sarcasm and the „gotcha energy“😄, but I will still help a deaf person and explain it to you because I love you so much😉
I can not enjoy music with the beats flex and use them only for a few short youtube videos. No musicality as often said is more meant in relative terms.
Let‘s say the Dave has 1000 musicality points and the beats flex has 10, in relative terms it has „no musicality“. But for this test they did in the video I can still hear that the Dave sounds more musical than vinyl because through the beats flex I would get 10 musicality points and only 2 points with the vinyl which in comparison would make the Dave five times more musical even though it is not enough to enjoy music through the beats.

Disclaimer: all descriptions used in this text contain no opinion at all and you have to take them as absolute fact. Contradiction is prohibited.
People who can not differentiate between thoughts and self might experience trauma.

May 3, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #25,852 of 25,860
I own the dave and have for several years,I love it but acknowledge readily that there are tons of great DAC's that I could be happy with...making this into a sport with rooting interest is so silly

May 3, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #25,853 of 25,860
I own the dave and have for several years,I love it but acknowledge readily that there are tons of great DAC's that I could be happy with...making this into a sport with rooting interest is so silly
Dave could/should be Dave+MS by default 😉

I can be very happy today with my Audioquest Dragonfly Bleu too.
Imho being-happy has no clear uncut relationship with quality of the means. There could be a link but its very loose.

My friends burst in laughing hearing what I spend on hifi, like 'Dude is that what it needs to be happy?' Then I say yes and no, there's no 1 answer.

About fanclub-ism imho, these emotions happen everywhere. I've learned to accept it as a human property, especially females learned me to hear their stories and me not responding with sane logics like... honey your rooting here is actually silly. 😁

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #25,854 of 25,860
An Aston Martin loving friend bought one from a high end used dealer. Something about it being in Bond films. He drives it once or twice a month for about four hours at a time. He understands why I’d spend big on hifi, and notices it’s in use a few hours every day and five or six hours on Saturday and Sunday. Whatever floats your boat and damn the naysayers.

May 4, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #25,855 of 25,860
An Aston Martin loving friend bought one from a high end used dealer. Something about it being in Bond films. He drives it once or twice a month for about four hours at a time. He understands why I’d spend big on hifi, and notices it’s in use a few hours every day and five or six hours on Saturday and Sunday. Whatever floats your boat and damn the naysayers.
Agree. Something about it is clearly therapie, an "own cave" and retreating into it. To build that cave (time invested, money, drooling..) as well as to be in it.

About actual hours of cave usage, nobody wants to be 8 hours a day on the shrinks bench too, right? 😅

All psychology food of intrest probably, prone for questioning and critique. And I think what Jlbrach did was very OK, to shine a light on it from an angle. Why not.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 1:47 AM Post #25,856 of 25,860
We all share similar traits and physiology, but we’re all a little different …even unique, that’s how DNA works,
If we all liked the same music, the same hardware etc then forums like these wouldn’t even exist … 😬
No point in having freedom of choice when we all like the same things ?

May 4, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #25,857 of 25,860
I get what you're saying. My wife could care less as long as she can sing along.

But not everybody is you.

Music moves me so deeply that finding the best reproduction is on a par with finding the best food: both reward me emotionally like nothing else in life.

And I know others who are the same.

May 4, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #25,859 of 25,860
Folks, how big is the gap between the Mojo2 that I currently have, and the Dave, which I dream of having one day?
That there is a :fire: topic around these parts.

If I understand correctly, @chelseafc thinks Mojo2 is better than Dave if it has MScaler and key tweaks…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back