DC Area Head-Fi Meet and End-of-Summer SchiitStorm! - August 12, 2017 - Gaithersburg, Maryland!

Will you come with equipment and will you be joining us for Dinner/Happy hour afterwards?

• Just coming to check out all of the goodies, no dinner/happy hour for me.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Just coming to check out all of the goodies and will be coming to dinner/happy hour, too!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bringing my own gear, but no dinner/happy hour for me.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Bringing my own gear and will be coming to the dinner/happy hour, too!

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #16 of 69
Fly back from Greece on the 11th. Should be able to make it, albeit with jet lag. I RSVPed with happy hour. Thanks to all for organizing / sponsoring this. I want to be covered in Schiit.

Aug 2, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #18 of 69
At this very moment (as I write this), 100 pounds of Schiit is heading our way. I should be picking up the SchiitKit tomorrow.

Tentative contents include:

Fulla 2v
Magni 3/Vali 2 + Modi Multibit
Jotunheim w/DAC
Asgard 2/Valhalla 2/Lyr 2 + Bifrost Multibit
Mjolnir 2 + Gungnir Multibit
plus associated cables, and devices to connect it all together.

There will be also three Surface Pros as sources so you can bring your preferred music on USB thumb drives. I understand that there will be some (finite amount of) Wi-Fi at the venue as well.

There will also be some fine headphones from Audeze, MrSpeakers, and Sennheiser.

Additional details (and pics) will be posted once I receive and decant the kits.

I plan to bring my own stock Yggy and (if I get it back in time) a second Yggy with the Gen 5 upgrade.

You don't have to register (at the first post of this thread) to attend, but it helps us to plan if you can.

We hope to see lots of you there.

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #19 of 69
Did anyone order / get the new Vidar?

Aug 3, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #20 of 69
I might go. If I do I can bring this:

Mr. Speakers Alpha Primes
Hifiman 400S
Fidelio X2
IE80's
Schiit Lyr 2 W/ Amperex Tubes
Yulong A800
Teach UD-H01

I can bring a MiniDSP 2x4HD if any of you are interested in a must have tool for speaker systems.

Also kendavis, you wrote Magni 3, I assume it is a typo. Or will this be an unveiling of a new product :o2smile:

Aug 3, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #21 of 69
Aug 3, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #22 of 69
Are you bringing the MiniDSP for sale ?

For sale? Never! As I said, it is a must have tool for any speaker system, though rereading my comment, I can see why you asked. I actually own two of these, one for my bedroom and one for my basement system. It has crazy features for very cheap, bust most of those features are unnecessary for headphone users who simply need a DAC. It does have 4 outputs so maybe I will push two amps out of it!

I would be open to selling my IE80's.

Aug 3, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #23 of 69
For sale? Never! As I said, it is a must have tool for any speaker system, though rereading my comment, I can see why you asked. I actually own two of these, one for my bedroom and one for my basement system. It has crazy features for very cheap, bust most of those features are unnecessary for headphone users who simply need a DAC. It does have 4 outputs so maybe I will push two amps out of it!

I would be open to selling my IE80's.
Thanks for clarifying. It is great for you to bring it, as I have been eyeing one for my home audio system and never seen one, but I don't see how we can test / put to use during a headphones meet up.

Aug 3, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #24 of 69
Thanks for clarifying. It is great for you to bring it, as I have been eyeing one for my home audio system and never seen one, but I don't see how we can test / put to use during a headphones meet up.

Apart from testing its DAC (which sounds like any other DAC I have owned) there is not much more you can do apart from showcasing its features such as pre-amp, software, I/O, etc. But as you just said, you are interested in one so I am sure others might be as well. We all love audio and there should be plenty of speaker guys that could take interest in it. I will have my laptop and all my REW measurements as well so if anyone is into or looking to get into speaker/room calibration then hit me up. Maybe we can get some headphone guys into speakers as well.

Aug 4, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #26 of 69
Just finished a conversation with AGPtek and they will again be sending me some of their newest portable digital audio players to demo and then pass on to interested Head-Fiers after the meet!

For sure I will have a couple of the new generation of the Rocker V2 audiophile DAP (Benjie BJ-T6) as well as their B05, M07 DAPs and possibly the IMP DAPs as well.

They will also send some of their Clip Sports MP3 players, including the A12, worth checking out if anyone's SanDisk Clips are reaching end of life.

If you want any of these, please let me know with a PM or at the meet. They will be yours to keep but do post a Head-Fi review after you get a chance to try them out!

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #28 of 69
Indeed it is a typo--actually a writo since I couldn't read my own writing. As it turns out, there will be no Magni there, but everything else on the list will be.

Went from Magni 3 to 0 Magni real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back