Effect Audio - New Flagship "Horus"
Sep 9, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #18 of 106
Eric hasn't given me a chance to review just yet. I may have to get a loaner from HiFi Headphones here in the UK. Depending on where you are there may be a loaner program for you to access. Keep your hopes up. You very well may be in the same boat as me.

Can I join you in the boat too? :D
I've been becoming increasingly interested in cables since trying Effect Audio's offerings at CanJam and owning two different iBasso cable upgrades.
Would love the chance to test a TOTL one :)
By coincidence, I recently ordered two audiophile grade adapters: one 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm SE, and a pair of MMCX to 2 pin adapters.
Precisely so I can test IEM's and cables and be able to use all of my products with whichever DAP's and cables I want when testing, to make it more professional :D

Sep 9, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #19 of 106
Sep 9, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #20 of 106
Why? You gonna buy a few pairs anyway :wink:

mm....already have the 4 wire PW 1960s. Just curious.........and, yes, I am a:

greedy.jpg

Sep 9, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #21 of 106
You don't have to worry about me. I buy many premium iems that already come with high quality cables.
Famous last words. I'll bet that in less than a year Mr. Suyang will be fulfilling your order of "a few" cables... :D
13129440_528904423959551_873224229_n.jpg

Sep 9, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #22 of 106
Let's see. For a few hundred extra, I might have to go with a new Hugo 2 first for biggest bang for your buck! :ksc75smile:

Sep 9, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #25 of 106
Am I mistaken or is not gold a bad choice with its higher resistance and as such should not be used in cables? Very curious about more info atm
Me too! Other properties aside, it's not the best conductor.

Sep 9, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #26 of 106
Am I mistaken or is not gold a bad choice with its higher resistance and as such should not be used in cables? Very curious about more info atm
Gold is not an ideal conductor, that is a verifiable fact. However, conductivity isn't everything. I suggest you try to find Effect Audio at a show, if you can, and confirm for yourself. The cables do not sound the same with similar impedance.

Sep 9, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #27 of 106

True, but I believe they are using an organic, atomically stable form of artisan gold; the superior molecular structure results in a significantly reduced impedance :)

Sep 9, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #28 of 106
True, but I believe they are using an organic, atomically stable form of artisan gold; the superior molecular structure results in a significantly reduced impedance :)
Wut?

Sep 10, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #30 of 106

Humour, my friends.
I was just making fun of stuff, fear not :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back