Elysian Pilgrim
May 5, 2024 at 1:19 AM Post #106 of 114
I'm curious the most about in-depth Pilgrim vs the Noir version comparisons the most. Anyone got them?

I have the Noir on order and have extensively demoed the Pilgrim. Will try to give feedback once I receive my set.

I'm on the other side of the fence here, holding back in purchasing the Pilgrim until I hear the Noir.

May 5, 2024 at 3:48 AM Post #108 of 114
Although the graph is really good, reading the reviews it looks like shouty as hell (upper mids I mean)... 😅

May 5, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #109 of 114
Although the graph is really good, reading the reviews it looks like shouty as hell (upper mids I mean)... 😅
Not really. If anything, the upper mid sounds recessed, which is unexpected from an Elysian IEM. This is no Gaea.

Tbh, I want a bit more shout. It’s not Elysian IEM without shoutiness 😂

May 5, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #110 of 114
Not really. If anything, the upper mid sounds recessed, which is unexpected from an Elysian IEM. This is no Gaea.

Tbh, I want a bit more shout. It’s not Elysian IEM without shoutiness 😂
So the reviews are lying? 🤔

May 5, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #111 of 114
So the reviews are lying? 🤔
Which one are you talking about? Afaik, @Jaytiss also finds that pilgrim upper mid is slightly recessed.

Edit: to me, it has characteristics of the U12t with MX module (the least bassy one). Flat midrange, slightly recessed upper mid, subbass and upper treble boost, though the way Pilgrim boosts upper treble is different from U12t.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #112 of 114
Which one are you talking about? Afaik, @Jaytiss also finds that pilgrim upper mid is slightly recessed.

Edit: to me, it has characteristics of the U12t with MX module (the least bassy one). Flat midrange, slightly recessed upper mid, subbass and upper treble boost, though the way Pilgrim boosts upper treble is different from U12t.
Well, OK, not upper mids but lower treble. They say 5-6 kHz area is too bright.
Jaytiss even EQ them with -4 dBs...

But, wow, I had the U12t, and with the MX is definitely not my thing. Too plain, almost no bass. I better forget about it 😅

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #113 of 114
Well, OK, not upper mids but lower treble. They say 5-6 kHz area is too bright.
Jaytiss even EQ them with -4 dBs...

But, wow, I had the U12t, and with the MX is definitely not my thing. Too plain, almost no bass. I better forget about it 😅
It’s a flat IEM with subbass rumble and tight bass attack. Dry, if you will. At first I didn’t notice the subbass rumble until I tried the right track and some games. It picks up a subbass rumble in my current game that I didn’t notice before.

May 5, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #114 of 114
I concur with o0genesis0o. It's not shouty at all; if anything, as I mentioned in my review, it's a bit reserved. I would describe the upper midrange as restrained. It could be described as slightly recessed, a description I would agree with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back