Feliks Audio ENVY
May 3, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #6,812 of 6,819
Do you have a link to the Sylvanias? There seem to be a few variants.

I have some Ked Rad Black Beauty incoming as well although I can't listen to them yet as I sold my DAC.

Soon though.
I don't have a link but this is how they look (my pair): Sylvania 6SN7W military issue, wartime (1945), TALL bottle

1714741203966.png

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #6,813 of 6,819
Following the review process of Envy by ConvinceMeAudio, we are in for a ride I believe. He seem to have some big concerns regardings stage and dynamic, it looks like he finds it problematic with Envy. He plans to compare Envy with Red October and Ha-300b mk.2.

May 3, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #6,814 of 6,819
Following the review process of Envy by ConvinceMeAudio, we are in for a ride I believe. He seem to have some big concerns regardings stage and dynamic, it looks like he finds it problematic with Envy. He plans to compare Envy with Red October and Ha-300b mk.2.
I'm going to go back to his review and check it out. I usually enjoy his reviews but I've never heard anything too bad said about the Envy previously so I'd be interested to see his thoughts.

May 3, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #6,815 of 6,819
Well as an Envy owner you already know that the Envy has no issues with stage and dynamics. I don't see anything to be worried about.

May 3, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #6,816 of 6,819
He is coming directly from Red October which he considers a clear step up from Envy, so yeah there seem to be a bit of bias. Though we will see, the unit he received is WE300b + Brimar drivers, so it could be the synergy too, which he is aware off. The dacs he was using so far is Wavedream Signature (which he feels is overdriving Envy??) and Wandla (which I personally found really lackluster with Envy) Just interesting to read the first impressions of someone like Koji, who experienced a lot of different summit fi gear and relies on his ears way more than we do in the daily life. For me personally Sus + Envy + May with We300b and Sylvanias was the best listening experience in the hobby so far. Might change with Immanis and few other things that will be around in Munich next week. But right now I have trouble to wrap my head around Kojis criticism

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #6,817 of 6,819
He is coming directly from Red October which he considers a clear step up from Envy, so yeah there seem to be a bit of bias. Though we will see, the unit he received is WE300b + Brimar drivers, so it could be the synergy too, which he is aware off. The dacs he was using so far is Wavedream Signature (which he feels is overdriving Envy??) and Wandla (which I personally found really lackluster with Envy) Just interesting to read the first impressions of someone like Koji, who experienced a lot of different summit fi gear and relies on his ears way more than we do in the daily life. For me personally Sus + Envy + May with We300b and Sylvanias was the best listening experience in the hobby so far. Might change with Immanis and few other things that will be around in Munich next week. But right now I have trouble to wrap my head around Kojis criticism
Do you have a link for the review?

May 3, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #6,818 of 6,819
I don't have a link but this is how they look (my pair): Sylvania 6SN7W military issue, wartime (1945), TALL bottle

1714741203966.png
Thanks
Yes I can't find the tall bottle versions only these but the price is a little quite high.

I've bought from that seller before though and the tubes have always been in excellent condition and well packaged. Price + import tax is a bit much.

May 3, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #6,819 of 6,819
Koji’s or anyone else’s opinions shouldn’t change your enjoyment of your own gear. It’s important to trust your own judgement or you’ll never be satisfied in this hobby and you’ll always be second guessing yourself. If you’re happy with where you are that’s the main thing! If your tastes change over time and in a year you find yourself unsatisfied, that’s also fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back