Ferrum WANDLA GoldenSound Edition - Pre-Orders are Live!
Apr 13, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #62 of 69
If anyone happens to be at AXPONA, the Wandla GoldenSound Edition is on demo at the Vana booth in ear expo!

Apr 16, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #63 of 69
is the harmonic distortion suppression from the ESS chip activated?

I see the higher harmonic distortion ( 5th and 7th harmonic) is higher than the 2nd and 3rd harmonics

not that they would be audible being so low. -130db
but just curious after seeing the measurements

d26d4bc77ccdbb83a50cba9f9c615544f76784bb.png

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #65 of 69
I still have to change my profile to reflect my status as a dealer, but the Italian Ferrum distributor has indicated that I could order the GS edition anytime! Availability looking good.

Congrats! Reach out to @joe for that and he will sort you!

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #66 of 69
New firmware is now available including the fix for the sleep bug

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:10 AM Post #67 of 69
Re. the GSE vs regular Wandla... I had a pre-release unit for a while, and updated to 1.4.0 (release note said it is the first version supporting GS edition), and unfortunately it did revert the GS features... But on the other hand, I can say that it did make audible difference, and I do miss the GS features. The funny thing is that turning the features on/off when I still had GS firmware only produced very subtle differences...

May 2, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #68 of 69
I was unaware this thread existed, as I have been posting (albeit, very little) in the regular Wandla thread. I'm one of those that happily pre-ordered the GSE, after contemplating other DACs. I already had the standard Wandla on my wishlist, but this one showed up just in time. I'm looking forward to putting this into my chain and playing with the different filters.

I'm also happy to be able to support @GoldenSound's contributions with this. He is one of the best ambassadors for this hobby. But mainly for me, it's his accent that makes me trust him. :smile:

May 2, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #69 of 69
I was unaware this thread existed, as I have been posting (albeit, very little) in the regular Wandla thread. I'm one of those that happily pre-ordered the GSE, after contemplating other DACs. I already had the standard Wandla on my wishlist, but this one showed up just in time. I'm looking forward to putting this into my chain and playing with the different filters.

I'm also happy to be able to support @GoldenSound's contributions with this. He is one of the best ambassadors of this hobby. But mainly for me, it's his accent that makes me trust him. :smile:
Thank you!

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back