FiiO M11PRO-FiiO releases the new firmware FW1.0.4 for M11PRO
Dec 12, 2019 at 5:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
1609379617669.png

Updated at 2020-12-30
M11PRO FW1.0.4 firmware download: Click here
The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.4 compared to the FW1.0.3 on M11PRO:
1. Added full-screen album cover display and spectrum display (can be set in FiiO Music settings -> Theme -> Now playing menu);
Note: In the spectrum display mode, click the title or artist display area activate the time progress bar; switch to the lyric page and then return to the cover page to hide the bar.
2. Added sorting by artist under the Album category;
3. Added displaying the total number of tracks in the track list;
4. Added a new function of switching between album list display or track list display under the Artist/Genre category;
5. Added support for using any image file as custom album cover;
6. Added a shortcut for toggling the All to DSD function in the pull-down shortcuts menu;
7. Added file sorting in FiiO Link mode;
8. Added sliding on the bottom control bar to skip tracks in FiiO Link mode;
9. Improved the progress bar display in the Now Playing menu;
9. Miscellaneous bug fixed.

How to upgrade the M11PRO:

The M11 PRO supports online upgrade. If a new firmware is available and detected (with the M11 PRO connected to Internet), you will find the update notification in the notification center. Then you can tap on it to enter the update menu for online upgrading.
If there's no update notification found, you can open the "Technical Support" app, enter the "Firmware Update" menu, then tap the "Check for updates" icon to check manually.
Also, the M11 PRO can be upgraded locally using firmware package: Download the firmware file from FiiO website then copy the firmware package file to the micro SD card; Open "Technical Support" app on the M11 PRO, enter the "Firmware Update" menu, and select the firmware package file to upgrade.

USB DAC driver for Windows 7/8/10: click here
How to access the storage in computer: Click here

Updated at 2020-08-03
M11PRO FW1.0.3 firmware download: Click here
The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.3 compared to the FW1.0.2 on M11PRO:
1. Added global MQA support, and improved the MQA playback;
Note: When scanning for tracks, the app will detect whether the tracks are MQA or not, which may slow down the scanning speed if you have MQA tracks in your library.
2. Added displaying sample rates on the status bar (you can enable it in Settings -> Display -> Display sample rates);
2.1 This function is only available when playing music locally, and it does not work for the USB DAC, Bluetooth, USB Audio modes;
2.2 When playing MQA tracks, the status bar will display the original sample rates of the MQA track instead of the playing sample rates after fully unfolding, as requested by the MQA licensor.
3. Added 'enter sleep with one click' function (you can find the 'enter sleep' icon on the home page and tap on it to have the player enter sleep mode);
Note that when this function is performed, the player will also close the apps running in the background and turn off the screen to enter sleep mode. After that it can only be woken up by pressing the physical button;
4. Added support for screen rotation (can be set in the pull-down menu or in Settings -> General. The screen will rotate upside down when this option is enabled);
5. Added Eye Care Mode (can be set in the pull-down menu or in Settings -> Display);
6. Added battery level and volume level display for USB DAC, AirPlay and Bluetooth receiving modes;
7. Added quick-charge indication and charging animation (displayed in the lockscreen when connected to charger);
8. Added a new function of hiding the un-scanned or empty folders in Folder view menu (can be set in FiiO Music -> Settings -> Scan for music. When enabled, only the titles of the scanned tracks will be displayed in Folder view menu);
9. Added 'File size limit for album art' function (can be set in FiiO Music -> Settings. And after selecting a limit, the album art image whose file size exceeds this limit will not be displayed);
10. Added album art display in Folder view menu;
11. Fixed the issue where the input keyboard would be changed to the default keyboard after waking up the player with one click;
12. Fixed the issue where the DSD tracks could not be played in DLNA mode;
13. Fixed the issue where the Google account data could not be backuped;
14. Improved the Channel balance adjustment and increased the adjustment levels to 20 levels;
15. Miscellaneous improvements on performances.

Updated at 2020-03-27
M11PRO FW1.0.2 firmware download: Click here

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.2 compared to the FW1.0.1 on M11PRO:
1. Added Google Play framework(if you do not need it, you could unistall it from Settings->Apps->Google Play services);
2. Added FiiO Music widget(long press the homepage to pop up widget lists, and then choose FiiO Music to put it on the homepage);
3. Added grouping tracks by Album Artist category(You can select the Artist or Album Artist in the Settings->Artist List Display. This upgrade requires a database update, please scan for music again.);
4. Added a new feature of scrolling displaying the currently played track while in a playlist;
5. Added a new feature of automatically pausing the playback after playing for 2 minutes without any headphones plugged in, so as to avoid triggering playback by mistakes;
6. Added global USB Audio output (from now on you can get USB Audio with no SRC for all third-party apps; currently only the PCM format is supported, the DSD format will be added in future update);
7. Fixed the issue where the Gapless playback would not work when playing DSD tracks;
8. Fixed the issue where the WiFi connection might drop when the screen is locked;
9. Fixed the issue where a few types of tracks could not be played properly;
10. Fixed the issue where there might be noise when playing in Tidal with All to DSD set to ON;
11. Improved the sorting by Artist (now the articles 'the, a, an' at the beginning of the names will be ignored);
12. Improved the sorting of Japanese characters;
13. Improved the rule of HR audio quality classification (according to the JEITA standard);

Note:
If you have installed the FiiO Music standalone version before upgrading the firmware, there will be two FiiO Music icons on the home page after the upgrade. To restore it, you can go to Settings -> Apps -> FiiO Music, tap "DISABLE" and then "ENABLE".

Updated at 2020-01-10

M11PRO FW1.0.1 firmware download: Click here

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.1 compared to the FW1.0.0 on M11PRO:
1. Added In-vehicle mode (Settings -> General -> In-vehicle mode, if enabled, the player will power on/off automatically when vehicle engine starts/stops and the FiiO Music app can also switch accordingly);
2. Added manual item sorting for playlists;
3. Added 'screenshot by three-fingers swiping down' function;
4. Added a new play mode: play single once;
5. Added playback position and track remembering;
6. Added a new method to enable volume adjustment by swiping up in FiiO Music Now Playing screen, and also improved the volume bar operation (now you'll need to drag on the volume bar to adjust the volume instead of just tapping as before, so to avoid misoperations);
7. Fixed the issue where the playback would fail in the new version of Amazon Music;
8.Fixed the issue where the player might power off automatically during audio playback if the power off timer is enabled;
9. Improved the display of the FiiO Music background;
10. Improved the display of the lockscreen album art;
11. Improved the effect of the equalizer and fixed the random equalizer failure issue;
12. Improved the All to DSD function and reduced its power consumption;
13. Miscellaneous bug fixed.

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 28, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #4 of 15
This is a fantastic update! I can now use USB Audio Player PRO, and system-wide use an external DAC. Just tested with TEAC UD-501, using Firefox Preview, browsing youtube.

Thanks guys, and stay well!

Apr 1, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 15
curious if anybody else got a virus/malware on their M11 pro .... I updated the firmware and downloaded Onkyo HF player and UAPP Pro... everything works OK but I have a malware that keeps popping up asking me to install an app to clean the android... and it also gets tons of adds from Chrome.... I uninstalled chrome but don't know how to flush the android and start with fresh software load ... anybody know how to fix this...

Apr 2, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #6 of 15
curious if anybody else got a virus/malware on their M11 pro .... I updated the firmware and downloaded Onkyo HF player and UAPP Pro... everything works OK but I have a malware that keeps popping up asking me to install an app to clean the android... and it also gets tons of adds from Chrome.... I uninstalled chrome but don't know how to flush the android and start with fresh software load ... anybody know how to fix this...

I'm fairly certain that that's ES file explorer, but can you take a screenshot and upload it here?
you can take a screenshot by swiping down with 3 fingers.

Apr 2, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #7 of 15
I posted the virus question on another thread and the Fiio guys replied with a possible fix was to implement a factory reset... so far that seems to have fixed the issues

Jun 15, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #8 of 15
This is a fantastic update! I can now use USB Audio Player PRO, and system-wide use an external DAC. Just tested with TEAC UD-501, using Firefox Preview, browsing youtube.

Thanks guys, and stay well!
you can also try to install Teac HR player app from Google store. This free version locked those DSD 2.8 5.6 function. However if you USB plugged to external Teac DAC, the DSD function will be unlocked. Those DSD files .dsf can now be synced to DAC to lite on 2.8Mhz on screen. Even those you can upsampling all 44.1k to 5.8Mhz to enjoy your listening.

Jun 15, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #9 of 15
you can also try to install Teac HR player app from Google store. This free version locked those DSD 2.8 5.6 function. However if you USB plugged to external Teac DAC, the DSD function will be unlocked. Those DSD files .dsf can now be synced to DAC to lite on 2.8Mhz on screen. Even those you can upsampling all 44.1k to 5.8Mhz to enjoy your listening.

I had that running sideloaded when i did not have google play services, paid for it after i got play services.

I use it with my Loki as well. Very nice.

Jul 6, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #10 of 15
HI @FiiO ,

i already updated the latest firmware which is 1.0.2 now, but i found an issue with pairing bluetooth with other devices (both iOS and Android). i want to use bluetooth controller via Fiio Music App on my iphone, but connection between with M11Pro and iOS 13 is not stable at all and even can not be connected. please help to fix this

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #11 of 15
HI @FiiO ,

i already updated the latest firmware which is 1.0.2 now, but i found an issue with pairing bluetooth with other devices (both iOS and Android). i want to use bluetooth controller via Fiio Music App on my iphone, but connection between with M11Pro and iOS 13 is not stable at all and even can not be connected. please help to fix this
Dear user,

Do you mean the FiiO Link function? When using with ios device, only Wifi FiiO Link is supported. You could try this for help:

1. Make sure this device and your mobile phone are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Enter the FiiO Music APP(player's)-setting-FiiO Link- three dots icon at the top right, switch to WiFi option. Then switch on the Server option. And you will see a IP address at that time.
3. Install the latest FiiO Music APP in your mobile phone.
For Android device:
Enter the FiiO Music APP-setting-FiiO Link- three dots icon at the top right, switch to WiFi option. Then switch on the Client option.
For iOS device:
Enter the FiiO Music APP-setting-FiiO Link
4. Input the ip address in the pop up dialog.
5. FiiO Link is connected successfully!

Best regards

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 6, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #12 of 15
Dear user,

Do you mean the FiiO Link function? When using with ios device, only Wifi FiiO Link is supported. You could try this for help:

1. Make sure this device and your mobile phone are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Enter the FiiO Music APP(player's)-setting-FiiO Link- three dots icon at the top right, switch to WiFi option. Then switch on the Server option. And you will see a IP address at that time.
For Android device:
Enter the FiiO Music APP-setting-FiiO Link- three dots icon at the top right, switch to WiFi option. Then switch on the Client option.
For iOS device:

Best regards
Hi FiiO,

I got it. I didnt know that we can use wifi. thanks

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #13 of 15
Dear user,

For Android device:
For iOS device:

Best regards
Hi @FiiO

is there any way to keep that Fiio Link always connected. If i do not use phone for awhile, it will automatically disconnect to M11Pro despite of nearby wifi.

Jul 8, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #14 of 15
Hi @FiiO

is there any way to keep that Fiio Link always connected. If i do not use phone for awhile, it will automatically disconnect to M11Pro despite of nearby wifi.
Dear user,

You could try to go into wifi settings, select the setting icon from the top right, select advanced and set Keep Wifi on During Sleep to Never. And the similar settings should be set in the mobile phone as well.

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back