First unread post
May 16, 2010 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Towert7

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello.  Often when I click on a recently updated thread it takes me to the first unread post but then the images load and the thread changes position, so that when all is said and done in a blink of an eye I am no longer seeing the first unread post.  Usually it ends up showing parts of 2 different posts.

With the old vBullitin, it had the same problem, but after all images were loaded it automatically brought the browser back to the first read post.  This was a pain because you had to wait for all of the images to load (which sometimes they got hung up).

Here is a suggested fix.
I don't mind what currently happens on this site IF each post had a little indicator showing whether it is a new post or not.  I think the old site had a little green dot to indicate a never before seen post.  I would love to see this implemented into the site.  It seems this forum keeps track of which posts have not been viewed before, so it shouldn't be that much to code in a little green dot or something similar to visually indicate a never been seen before post.

Hope this helps, and hope this gets implemented ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back