Focal Clear headphones
Oct 6, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #138 of 12,501
At 450 grams, this is a certain fail for me (and I suspect many others). There are too many top end choices that offer similar performance but with all day comfort. The average human head already weighs 13.5 pounds. Why would I would another FULL pound to it? Ugh...

Oct 6, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #139 of 12,501
Is anyone else interested in how the Clear pads on the Elear sounds?

If it makes the frequency response more like the Clear I could save 1300 bucks, plus I still think the Elear looks better than both the Clear and the Utopia...

Oct 6, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #140 of 12,501
Is anyone else interested in how the Clear pads on the Elear sounds?

If it makes the frequency response more like the Clear I could save 1300 bucks, plus I still think the Elear looks better than both the Clear and the Utopia...
I already got the Utopia pads for my Elear so I'm even further ahead of the game here.

Oct 6, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #143 of 12,501
I already got the Utopia pads for my Elear so I'm even further ahead of the game here.

The Utopia pads are designed for the beryllium drivers, which has a different raw response from the alu-mg drivers in the Elear and Clear. I've read some people say the tonal balance doesn't feels right with the Elear with Utopia pads.

The Clear pads on the other hand, are designed for a driver very similar to the Elear driver. I think they might have identical raw response aside from the highest octave. If that's the case, the Clear pads could really be a tonal upgrade for the Elear without breaking the tonal balance.

Oct 6, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #145 of 12,501
Oct 6, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #148 of 12,501
Why is no one talking about soundstage? That was the Achilles heel for both the Elear and Utopia in my opinion. Does the Clear add more of this???

Heard the Clear today and compared it to Utopia. No, I didn't hear any expansion in soundstage. The Utopia's soundstage is better (to my ears).

Oct 6, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #150 of 12,501
Jude's video looks very promising, but let's not forget the Elear got massive hype in the start too. Personally, I won't consider upgrading from the Elear before I get a chance to hear it myself, but the impressions coming in so far are very promising! If Jude's video is in line with my own after demo'ing, I might just have to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back