Focal Clear headphones
Oct 2, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #31 of 12,543
Because it says "Aluminum-Magnesium", like in Elear and not "Beryllium" like in Utopia.
Oh, and where did I wrote that they are the same? I said something like, "Fixed Elear", not "Silver Elear with Utopia pads".

10008359.png

9968944.jpg
My bad, I might've read your post wrong. But, they sure do look awesome in that color. I'm a fan, and if the rattle issue is fixed that some users experienced, we are in for a treat.

Oct 2, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #32 of 12,543
Why not we just all agree on something... that the Focal Clear is a such a beauty.

BTW, don't ask who my source is, but I've been informed that the Clear definitely has a "flavored" sound. And I got a feeling that is not far from the truth.
I agree. It Clearly looks like a beauty. No pun intended.

Oct 2, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #36 of 12,543
After my experience with the Elear :thumbsdown:.. Pass

Oct 2, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #38 of 12,543
Well the other two look similar so what else could they have done to distinguish this one? I guess add red or some other contrast to the black? But I like this look. I'm actually a sucker for white headphones so this looks close enough without being pure white.

Oct 2, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #40 of 12,543
Funny that a C-lear is not a closed-back E-lear. And when does the D-lear come out?

A good plot twist would be if Clear suddenly turns out to be closed back, with fake "open" grille hiding a sealed cup underneath. LOL.

No worries, I'm sure we'll be getting the "D" soon when they announce pricing. :p

But then you'll have to decide between the "C" and the "D".

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #41 of 12,543
A good plot twist would be if Clear suddenly turns out to be closed back, with fake "open" grille hiding a sealed cup underneath. LOL.

That's actually possible. Maybe they have baffling underneath the grill sorta like the Sony Z1R has 'washi' paper under their grill.

Oct 2, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #42 of 12,543
Doubt it's closed. From the video you can see the back of the driver like the Elear. Like a previous poster hinted, I'm going to guess it comes with a Cardas Clear cable and different ear pads. Maybe driver mods but who knows.

One small aesthetic difference from the Elear I noticed is the outer bezel is slightly raised and has a slight angling in the middle, whereas the Elear's is flat.

Oct 3, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #43 of 12,543
Not a fan of the grey (cheap) look of the Clear. I see it getting dingy looking after some use.

I actually don't think it looks cheap at all - I tend to dislike grey/silver-y equipment but this is one of the most beautiful pairs of headphones I've seen and definitely a step up from the Elears. Obviously different strokes for different folks and I don't know if it'll be prone to dings, it might, I just think it looks stunning and luxurious rather than cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back