Focal Clear headphones
Oct 3, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #49 of 12,500
That is a money grab, they use the same driver and the same enclosure, the tuning will be different, probably not as drowned upper mids, i am surprised that no one cares for the outrageous prices those days

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #51 of 12,500
Hey price hasn't been announced yet, right? I have a strong feeling that these won't be much more expensive than what the Elear goes for these days. And I suspect something coming out next year, this time with beryllium driver, which is what would fill the big gap between Elear and Utopia.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #52 of 12,500
look at mr speakers new headphones, 800 dollars and they sound close to the top models, but this is just my opinion

They're charging for the build quality of the materials too. Metal and leather. I've been following the AEON threads too. Great headphones but I think there's also a lot of plastic. That's good for weight actually. But others have wood, metal, etc. You know you aren't getting that for cheap. Except for Meze, one exception.

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #54 of 12,500
It looks like they listened to some of the complaints that listeners had regarding the headphone. A nicer and less bulky cable. Will be interested in the tuning with the new earpads, assuming the upper mids will have a more neutral tone to them.

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #55 of 12,500
That is a money grab, they use the same driver and the same enclosure, the tuning will be different, probably not as drowned upper mids, i am surprised that no one cares for the outrageous prices those days

I'd like to understand how you know this is a money grab. Same enclosure? Yea. Same driver? Probably. You don't know what the tuning will be like, you aren't sure of what the price will be, you didn't take into account the Utopia pads and headband, the new cable... There are so many factors that you cannot possibly account for right now that allow you to categorically state this is a money grab.

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #57 of 12,500
I'd like to understand how you know this is a money grab. Same enclosure? Yea. Same driver? Probably. You don't know what the tuning will be like, you aren't sure of what the price will be, you didn't take into account the Utopia pads and headband, the new cable... There are so many factors that you cannot possibly account for right now that allow you to categorically state this is a money grab.
My money rests on this being a major improvement to the Elear, the one everyone wanted. Just a thought.

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #58 of 12,500
we are clearly comming for your money

Oh no! :cry:

i am surprised that no one cares for the outrageous prices those days

In my case, I think that's mainly because I'm not compelled to buy it. It's like a Bugatti, or artisanal one-of-a-kind bathroom fixtures, or black licorice, or [insert_any_object_that_i'm_not_in_the_market_for]... I am immune to the pricing of whatever I don't plan to buy. But that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back