HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Aug 13, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #4,531 of 4,544
There you go, found it....

Thanks. Did you strip off the old padding from the original headband before doing this?

How did a that fit without taking away more space? o.O

Aug 13, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #4,533 of 4,544
What do you mean about taking away more space?

Oh, for me it's presses too tight on the very top of my scalp. That is my pressure point with this headphone.

So I should remove the old padding before proceeding. icic
20240813_112728.jpg

Also, funny how I feel like a JetSetRadio character.
JGR_Boxart.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #4,536 of 4,544
Aug 13, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #4,537 of 4,544
Aug 14, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #4,538 of 4,544
I see the two different options available for leather pads.
1) One is all black and described as, "handcrafted custom whole grain real leather plus perforated leather handcrafted custom earpads cushions with memory foam angled".
2) A second one is colourful with red internal and very light beige on the face pad and described as, "handcrafted custom cushions whole grain real leather plus perforated microsuede with memory foam angled".

I know you say that you cannot do a comparison, I assume you mean in comparison to the original pads. But can you provide a comparison between these two Vesper Audio pads?

Are they angled because it does not look angled in their website photos?

Is microsuede actually natural suede or is it "fake" suede? If it is not real suede then I would likely go for the first option.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
I ordered two different types of ear pads from Vesper audio customized down to the color, material, etc. for my HEDDhone. I compared them both to each other and used the one that sounds the best. They are angled and that works very well on it. I really can't remember the details. But the company has extremely customizable options and open to your concepts. Please email them and they will definitely help make you your dream earpads. My only qualm was the extreme difficulty of stretching it to actually fit, which also caused a tear. But get multiples so you can compare them and be prepared to wait for their lead time.

Aug 20, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #4,539 of 4,544
Very long shot, and also off on a tangent.

Has anyone here any experience of hearing 2 channel set up speakers that use AMT tweeters please? Specifically, from Audiovector and the Evo series from Wharfedale?

I listened to the Heddphone 2 last year and was very intrigued by their use of AMT technology. They sounded incredibly fast when it came to transients and very good on detail. I was really impressed, but felt that overall sound signature would be just too clinical for my tastes over long term listening. For reference, I generally tend to favour a 'warm' sound signature, such as offerings from ZMF, Meze and Sony.

I'm looking at possibly buying a pair of Audiovector QR3, for a variety of reasons, but will be unable to audition before buying. Will my one brief experience with the Heddphone 2 be indicative that I'll likely not quite warm to the Audiovectors?

Aug 20, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #4,540 of 4,544
Very long shot, and also off on a tangent.

Has anyone here any experience of hearing 2 channel set up speakers that use AMT tweeters please? Specifically, from Audiovector and the Evo series from Wharfedale?

I listened to the Heddphone 2 last year and was very intrigued by their use of AMT technology. They sounded incredibly fast when it came to transients and very good on detail. I was really impressed, but felt that overall sound signature would be just too clinical for my tastes over long term listening. For reference, I generally tend to favour a 'warm' sound signature, such as offerings from ZMF, Meze and Sony.

I'm looking at possibly buying a pair of Audiovector QR3, for a variety of reasons, but will be unable to audition before buying. Will my one brief experience with the Heddphone 2 be indicative that I'll likely not quite warm to the Audiovectors?
Great question. I have very high-end recording monitors that use AMT tweeters, and they are indeed very clinical. I need that for producing though so it works.

I don't like them for relaxing listening because their DAC section doesn't remotely stand up to the Chord M-Dave combination. But I'm sure I'd love (and may get) AMT speakers with analog inputs. But that may just because I'm used to the AMT sound from work.

Aug 20, 2024 at 8:09 PM Post #4,541 of 4,544
Great question. I have very high-end recording monitors that use AMT tweeters, and they are indeed very clinical. I need that for producing though so it works.

I don't like them for relaxing listening because their DAC section doesn't remotely stand up to the Chord M-Dave combination. But I'm sure I'd love (and may get) AMT speakers with analog inputs. But that may just because I'm used to the AMT sound from work.
Thanks for the response and your insight. Great point about speakers and analog.

This is what I'm driving at I suppose. Will I get a different sound from speakers using AMT tweeters, compared to headphones using them? I suppose a lot has to do with implementation and sources at the end of the day?

I hooked up the Heddphone 2 to my ibasso dx300. As I say, very impressive at what they do, but too clinical for me for enjoyable long term listening. I see exactly why someone like yourself would use them. Great for studio work I'd imagine.

Anyway, as with these rabbit holes, I've since gone down further, regarding speaker tweeters.

I'll just mention this chain of logical thinking and leave it there, rather than derail the thread on a great set of headphones.

Raal Immanis > Ribbon Tweeters > Proac Response D20r.

Oh dear!... what have I got myself into!? :face_palm:

Aug 21, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #4,542 of 4,544
Thanks for the response and your insight. Great point about speakers and analog.
My pleasure!
This is what I'm driving at I suppose. Will I get a different sound from speakers using AMT tweeters, compared to headphones using them? I suppose a lot has to do with implementation and sources at the end of the day?
Oh absolutely. I had fancy AMT-tweetered recording monitors with analog inputs and they were wonderful. I bought the new ones not thinking the DAC section could make that much difference. Drat.

But I use the good DAC with the Heddphone 2 (and the 1 and the DCA Stealths and various other ear devices) and love the AMT sound.
I hooked up the Heddphone 2 to my ibasso dx300. As I say, very impressive at what they do, but too clinical for me for enjoyable long term listening. I see exactly why someone like yourself would use them. Great for studio work I'd imagine.
There's something truly unique about the AMT headphone design that makes the frequency curve remarkably smooth across all of it. In other words, you don't hear bass, mids, treble. You hear cohesive instruments that have bass/mid/treble components to their coherent sound.

So I wouldn't give up on the H2 just yet. See if you can find a source that works for you - tubes might be a good bet.
Oh dear!... what have I got myself into!? :face_palm:
A lifetime of joy listening to wonderful-sounding music!!

Aug 21, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #4,543 of 4,544
I'm using it because I like the high-band and medium-band, but the unit length is too short.:triportsad:

Aug 21, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #4,544 of 4,544
Am currently driving the HEDDphone One with a Schiit LYR+ [w/a Sylvania 6DJ8 tube (via 6922-to-6SN7 adapter)], providing about 5 WPC at 50 ohms in high gain.
Not clinical at all for me.
To my ears, just about perfect--technically and musically.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back