HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #1,501 of 1,511
Hello guys, please check out my review of the Hiby R6 Gen III DAP:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hiby-r6-iii-gen-3.26428/reviews#review-33614

And leave a like if you enjoyed the read, cheers! :smiley:
I guess you haven't really used the DAP even few days. The thing is, you have missed the main drawback. And it is a realization of hardware volume regulator (software one is also bad, but not so bad). Or I'm wrong, and you are happy owner of magically nimble fingers (I'm not, and I'm not the only here).

As for old DAC.. Well, the DAC is unloaded from load (that is phones) with discrete output stages, and it's game changing.

Apr 19, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #1,502 of 1,511
What are you even on about you absolute nutter?

Bloody hell, gotta stop smoking that crack bro.
Will you, please, keep a minimal level of conversation culture? I'm not your brother.
The DAP has a volume wheel and I have even mentioned that in my review.
I haven't said you don't write about the knob at all. I just say it's unhandy construction isn't listed in main drawbacks (that is "Cons" list).

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #1,504 of 1,511
You have to be handy to turn a knob?

Seriously?

Good grief.

Opposable thumbs, they’ll never catch on (evolutions last words before signing off for the day)

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #1,506 of 1,511
I cant really fault the HiBy R6 iii hardware. It seems a bit too pedantic to me to over amplify very minor issues. On the software side, Joe Blogg's dynamics HiBy DRX10K
plugin is a gamechanger. To be able to change the dynamics of the R6iii systemwide is a game changer, and gives the R6iii the ability to be a 'chameleon', transforming into almost every other DAP at will. For it's price band an exceptional DAP.

Apr 22, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #1,508 of 1,511
Traveling today with my Hiby R6 lll. I must say it is the perfect travel device.

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #1,509 of 1,511
I cant really fault the HiBy R6 iii hardware. It seems a bit too pedantic to me to over amplify very minor issues. On the software side, Joe Blogg's dynamics HiBy DRX10K
plugin is a gamechanger. To be able to change the dynamics of the R6iii systemwide is a game changer, and gives the R6iii the ability to be a 'chameleon', transforming into almost every other DAP at will. For it's price band an exceptional DAP.
Can you share please your settings for Dynamics DRX10K plugin?

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #1,510 of 1,511
Can you share please your settings for Dynamics DRX10K plugin?
With my Penon 10th Anniversary IEMs (different IEMs may need different settings) I use Bass .7, mids .3 and treble I leave on 0 because the EST treble on the 10th doesn't need any changes.

Apr 24, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #1,511 of 1,511
With my Penon 10th Anniversary IEMs (different IEMs may need different settings) I use Bass .7, mids .3 and treble I leave on 0 because the EST treble on the 10th doesn't need any changes.
Wow, what a plugin it is! So much better sound, so punchy, I am excited! Enjoying it with my full sized headphones! Its such an improvement to our little gem!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back