HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"
Dec 26, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #46 of 1,984
Thanks, twister, that info slipped under my radar, as I'm not as avid a Head-Fier as I used to be.

To be fair to iBasso, they also used HiRose connector for some time, a few years ago, iirc, so they appear to have been tacitly acknoledging that 2.5mm socketry was/is inadequate for portable usage.

Nice that modular amp cards allows the flexibility to introduce different connectivity options, even after the mother device has been released to market (and let's remember HiFiMan were quite innovative in this regard, with their earlier DAP developments) .

Price aside, I'm pleasantly surprised to see how compact this new HiFiMan DAP is, in comparison to the 801, 901, and iBasso DX100!

I know still off-topic on 4.4mm topic :) but Sennheiser acknowledged 4.4mm officially too, IE800S comes with a modular cable to support 4.4mm termination, and also HD660S comes with 4.4mm cable. Even MEE Audio released a cable with modular adapters to support 4.4mm. I'm glad it's starting to get more tracktion, not too mention WM1Z/1A/ZX300.

OK, back on topic of R2R2500, I mean, R2R2000 :wink:

Dec 27, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #47 of 1,984
Early UI images of R2R2000. 1.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #50 of 1,984
Well this screen is not going to consume much...

and it doesn't look like a full touch screen, considering there is a set of what looks like the same 6 capacitive touch buttons in the lower half of the display to control the navigation. I guess that's how they optimize the performance to get 60+ hrs (or whatever was the number) of mp3 playback time.

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #51 of 1,984
and it doesn't look like a full touch screen, considering there is a set of what looks like the same 6 capacitive touch buttons in the lower half of the display to control the navigation. I guess that's how they optimize the performance to get 60+ hrs (or whatever was the number) of mp3 playback time.
I never understood the point of ultra long battery. A full day is enough for me, around 10 hours. If it charges on USB, it is nothing to carry or around when traveling. What is more annoying is to have to carry a wall charger like the LPG.

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #52 of 1,984
I never understood the point of ultra long battery. A full day is enough for me, around 10 hours. If it charges on USB, it is nothing to carry or around when traveling. What is more annoying is to have to carry a wall charger like the LPG.

I love just having to charge every Sunday like I do with my Sony 1Z. I found having to charge dayli a right pain, bad enough that I already have to charge my phone every day

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #53 of 1,984
The longer the playback time the better. A battery has limited charging cycles. The less you charge it the longer will last at least in theory. Even if not in use is recommended to charge a battery once a month to preserve it and make sure it runs at maximum capacity.

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #54 of 1,984
The longer the playback time the better. A battery has limited charging cycles. The less you charge it the longer will last at least in theory. Even if not in use is recommended to charge a battery once a month to preserve it and make sure it runs at maximum capacity.

I never used up the battery of any DAP. Ever. Even my Ipod Classic still works.

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #56 of 1,984
I'm gonna miss the wheel but I'm sure I'm the only one. Should be interesting regarding the screen. I wasn't expecting too much given prior iterations, as long as the ui is smooth and coherent I'm all in. Gotta be honest to. I don't think I would have been this stoked if they didn't do the r2r. Not that I had any knowledge before hand like anyone else, but I can't help but think if hifiman really wanted to stand out from the crowd there really wasn't much else they could do that no one is already doing. I know walnut and Tera have both utilized a r2r dad but this to me looks to be just better done. And with hifimans reputation I know they can deliver, so just how good is this gonna be?! Can't wait to compare head to head with the 901s

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #58 of 1,984
Slight bad news the two person who has tried the early working sample told me they didn’t like the sound.

Hopefully HFM will have a more mature beta sample available to test at CanJam NYC, something I'm looking forward to.

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #60 of 1,984
In which way?
Exact question I asked, one of them replied back and said "
For now, this machine is not very good sound, evaluation in China is relatively poor"

My guess would be maybe the player was on high life setting and the HiFi setting isnt ready as the UI requires its activation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back