I need some everyday boots for the snow
Sep 21, 2007 at 12:16 PM Post #16 of 19
jadeeast is right...nothing rivals sorels for warmth, comfort and traction.
who cares what they look like?
with a tuque, scarf and wool mittens made by mom 20 years ago, nobody's going to be looking at your feet anyways.

Sep 21, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #17 of 19
A trip to the Army/Navy Surplus shop is your best friend for winter gear. I picked up some ankle high boots boots with a zipper on the side, and they've lasted me 3 years now (still are in near perfect condition).

If you're outside for periods of time in serious weather, pickup some PolyPro (Polypropylene) undershirts and underpants at the Surplus store too. It's really unbelievable for keeping you bone dry and warm in a blizzard.

Sep 21, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #18 of 19
I've got a pair of Salomon winterized hiking boots. I also have wide feet with a high arch. They have about the best traction on hardpack snow and ice of any boots I have ever owned.

For an online retailer, check out zappos.com. I haven't purchased from them, but a friend of mine has. Incredible selection, tons of pictures. At least a good place to do some research.

Sep 21, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #19 of 19
If you're not looking for actual good snowboots, but instead fashion boots that might be a little bit snowproof, perhaps you should have said that at the start. You asked for boots that were good in a couple feet of snow, which is what people have been giving. Perhaps what you want is something by prada?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back