iPhone vs. Android via USB-C sound quality difference is huge
May 26, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #31 of 32
IMG_0763.jpeg
Something like this.
But this one seems to power the phone instead…
That’s designed to attach wired headphones while still having a passthrough to provide power. It’s so you don’t use up a USB for headphones. That shouldn’t make any audible difference at all.

Sep 1, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #32 of 32
Still testing here.
Switching back and forth.
Same track. Same lossless.
The Moondrop is more „impulsive“, little more resolving. Little less sharp in the highs. More dynamic in total.

To me it sounds like better power handling for now.
It would also be interesting how Moondrop/Android changes the volume vs. the iPhone.
I think the iPhone changes the volume inside the signal.
Maybe Moondrop/Android is doing that inside the DAC/Amp on the analog side?
There is definitely something different as the max volume is so much louder on Moondrop/Android.

Android and iPhone have more differences, and I think it's not only the sound quality. It's hard for me to say because I'm not that experienced or skilled, but I noticed this, and from time to time, I read something. I think the biggest difference is in the apps, how they work, and their variety. Here is one article about android vs ios app development I found rcenty, and there I read so many new information. I'm interested not only in sounds and anything related but in development, too; so much info was interesting to read.

I've not used an Android device for a long time, and I had no idea that it can be difference in the sound quality.
It's been some time since your last post, have you found out more about that difference and reasons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back