LG V20 Sound Quality
Oct 15, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #3,123 of 4,139
Oct 15, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #3,124 of 4,139
Using V20 with AK XB10, via BT apt x HD and it sounds good. Also, connecting via OTG cable to my violetric DAC/amp and it sounds great.

Oct 15, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #3,125 of 4,139
How come UAPP sounds SO much better than PowerAmp? Didn't even know about this player. What's the trick? I just had the time to play some MP3 320k, no FLAC/Hi-Res yet. But the difference is kinda huge.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #3,127 of 4,139
How come UAPP sounds SO much better than PowerAmp? Didn't even know about this player. What's the trick? I just had the time to play some MP3 320k, no FLAC/Hi-Res yet. But the difference is kinda huge.

Did you try poweramp beta version? Or a normal one?

Oct 16, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #3,128 of 4,139
UAPP also resample. See detail in email below
截屏_20171012_052830.jpg

Oct 16, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #3,130 of 4,139
UAPP also resample. See detail in email below

Davy is an amazing developer, and UAPP is the best. Davy is getting a v20 shortly and will be able to see this device first hand and how the Quad DAC behaves with the native ESS drivers.

All I can tell you is that when a developer follows the rules, provides all the correct arguments... more often than not, on the v20, output can occur that is native resolution. You can read this thread closely and actually see output from adb dumpsys that demonstrates this behavior. I have posted my findings and tests where sometimes it does not as well, so take note. Of all the players, UAPP n7player and a few others work well in this regard on the v20 specifically -- most of the time.

Bottom line is you need to read the tests, conduct your own tests... listen carefully and see if the output of the system logs correlates to big changes in sound quality. I can listen to music and say that sounds horrible...plug in my phone to the debugger and see that it is resampling. It is that big of a difference and that big of a problem.

UAPP is the only way I can stream hi-res content and have it sound fantastic from a SMB share. It is head and shoulders above the rest because of this.

Good luck!

Oct 16, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #3,131 of 4,139
Davy is an amazing developer, and UAPP is the best. Davy is getting a v20 shortly and will be able to see this device first hand and how the Quad DAC behaves with the native ESS drivers.

All I can tell you is that when a developer follows the rules, provides all the correct arguments... more often than not, on the v20, output can occur that is native resolution. You can read this thread closely and actually see output from adb dumpsys that demonstrates this behavior. I have posted my findings and tests where sometimes it does not as well, so take note. Of all the players, UAPP n7player and a few others work well in this regard on the v20 specifically -- most of the time.

Bottom line is you need to read the tests, conduct your own tests... listen carefully and see if the output of the system logs correlates to big changes in sound quality. I can listen to music and say that sounds horrible...plug in my phone to the debugger and see that it is resampling. It is that big of a difference and that big of a problem.

UAPP is the only way I can stream hi-res content and have it sound fantastic from a SMB share. It is head and shoulders above the rest because of this.

Good luck!

I will go ask him directly. Thanks

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #3,132 of 4,139
I'm extremely impressed. Just wish it would go to the next album/folder like Poweramp does and so many other players.

Foe example, PowerAmp has another arrow then takes you to the next album when browsing by folders as I do. Here you have to go back and back until that folder. It's a waste of time, that could be fixed by a simple click.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #3,133 of 4,139
Just a question here. LG G6 or V20 quad dac has Ess sabre chipset using and that too in quad dac version. Ess sabre 9028 i guess. How does it sound fare against this Opus 11 dac connected phone let's just say iPhone for example ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back