"Mark forum(s) read", new vs. old
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2020 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Veyska

100+ Head-Fier
On the old forums clicking on "Mark forum(s) read" (don't remember precisely how it was phrased) had the ability to select between only the forum you were viewing or all forums. Having this back (or at least both "this" and "all" in the top nav bar) would be nice, muscle memory has marked everything read a couple times already which is annoying.

Feb 16, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 3
With the recent update, the Mark Forums Read button in the navigation bar now marks all forums as read across the site. To mark an individual sub-forum as read, click the "Mark Read" button found just below the in-forum search bar, on the right hand side. That will mark only the specific forum as read without making changes to any other sub-forums.

Feb 16, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 3
With the recent update, the Mark Forums Read button in the navigation bar now marks all forums as read across the site. To mark an individual sub-forum as read, click the "Mark Read" button found just below the in-forum search bar, on the right hand side. That will mark only the specific forum as read without making changes to any other sub-forums.
I know that's how that works, it just seemed like an awkward design choice (both the top button being "all" only and having to scroll up to mark the current forum) so I feedback-ed in the feedback forum. :) If it stays as is I might muck around with using a browser add-on to hide it, but we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back