Massdrop x Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid Amp (CTH) - Dropping Monday
Nov 17, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #319 of 1,441
That would be a nice to know. Someone, on another site, compared it to the Schiit Vali 2 and the project Ember and preferred the CTH to both
So the CTH has positive vibes. Looks good.

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #325 of 1,441
I am totally interested in taking your spot, but is that something that massdrop allows?

If I don't like mine, you'll see it in the "for sale" section here, but I'm gonna at least audition it first :) My concern is that it won't play nice with my CIEM's, and I don't have space/budget for more than one desktop amp so it's gotta run all my stuff. It's a bit of a tall order expecting my HD 6XX and 12 ohm CIEM's to play nice with the same amp, but...why not, eh?

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #327 of 1,441
Anyone try this with Focal Elears? From the impressions in this thread seems like this would be a good pairing. Source will be a Bifrost Multibit.

Jan 24, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #328 of 1,441
Anyone try this with Focal Elears? From the impressions in this thread seems like this would be a good pairing. Source will be a Bifrost Multibit.

I think we're all still waiting to get ours :-D They're ETA shipping date is in a month.

Jan 24, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #329 of 1,441
I think we're all still waiting to get ours :-D They're ETA shipping date is in a month.
Actually... CT from Massdrop brought one to the SF meet a few months ago. He dropped it (no pun intended) at ZMF table for people to try it.
I cannot speak of matching / pairing with Elear, but I can say that it matches beautifully with ZMF Atticus and Eikon.

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #330 of 1,441
Actually... CT from Massdrop brought one to the SF meet a few months ago. He dropped it (no pun intended) at ZMF table for people to try it.
I cannot speak of matching / pairing with Elear, but I can say that it matches beautifully with ZMF Atticus and Eikon.
Well, I'm in line for the CTH, so I guess I'll find out for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back