Meet the Sennheiser HD 820
Jan 8, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #16 of 498
I dont know should I be sad or happy but I just baught the hd800s today and now I see this and What. Any ways to know wish is better product?

The simple solution is to enjoy your 800S until the 820 comes out, at which point you can give me your 800S freeing up space for you to have the 820! Happy to help a brother out.

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #19 of 498
Congrats - these look really interesting... Can´t shake the feeling that these will be a step up from the HD 800 S despite being a closed design.

Any chance you´ll be doing a Head-Fi community Q&A on these before the launch?

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #20 of 498
The simple solution is to enjoy your 800S until the 820 comes out, at which point you can give me your 800S freeing up space for you to have the 820! Happy to help a brother out.

Oh that sounds great, maybe I'l trow a shure se846 on top for some extra cashew toward a good deal to get more cashew to get the hd820 :p

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #21 of 498
With the exception of the somewhat misunderstood/rare HD630VB, this plugs a hole in the Sennheiser range that's been missing - a no-compromises, audiophile full-sized close-back set of cans. I simply cannot wait to try these alongside my ZMF Eikons; and also alongside the HD800s to compare the similarities (and differences). One can assume soundstage/air may suffer slightly, and bass impact may increase due to reflections, but very keen to find out how Axle and team have managed to deal with reflections via dampening, as well as that cleverly contoured concave gorilla glass.

Oh, and they look amazing. They may have just stolen the "Darth Vader's cans" mantle from the Beyerdynamic DT1770!
Lol they certainly look like they were made by the dark side of the force!.

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #27 of 498
Nice! Haven't really cared too much about any new high-end headphones/flagships lately. That all changed today...

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #28 of 498
"The new HD 820 will be available from early summer 2018"

@Sennheiser 6 months wait? :frowning2:
Please, don't get me wrong, I love Sennheiser and definitely will be checking this new model, but why such a large wait time?
Quality Assurance; manufacturing; distribution; and creating some good-old "demand" : )

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #29 of 498
or better bass extension

This... I hope you all understand the main reason all Beats headphones are closed. It´s not just about blocking out outside noise. They wouldn´t be called Beats if they were open. No hyperbole, just saying: expect the most extended highest resolution bass ever done in a dynamic headphone.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #30 of 498
This... I hope you all understand the main reason all Beats headphones are closed. It´s not just about blocking out outside noise. They wouldn´t be called Beats if they were open. No hyperbole, just saying: expect the most extended highest resolution bass ever done in a dynamic headphone.
That would be music to my ears!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back