Nashville Center Hill Lake Whiskey Fi Head-Fi Meet October 30th 2021 Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #16 of 22
...The best deck on on the planet on which to enjoy a Montecristo or my new favorite ... Padron Serie 1926. :)
Dick, you are more then welcome to come on over and enjoy the deck with me. I don't think I tried a Padron 1926, though Montecristo is my favorite brand as of now.

Nov 1, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #17 of 22
Ouch Brent. Is that part of the structure that was damaged? Them old trees have a mind of their own, ya know.
Thanks Tom for the pics. The best deck on on the planet on which to enjoy a Montecristo or my new favorite ... Padron Serie 1926. :)
Got the gutter and Gutter Helmet pretty good and put 2 holes thru the roof and just barely missed the new deck . Had a cabinet for the hot tub chemicals that we got rid of before the new deck went up and it pretty much exploded. It didn’t shake the house and heard a loud noise but had the cat running over me and was in deep sleep so just didn’t appear that something that huge happened.

Nov 1, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #18 of 22
Brent, that sucks. Good luck getting it fixed.

I agree that there was a lot of nice headphones that I listened to, I nicknamed many of them as I listened with Walker This was the awesome easy part, Walker changed out the headphone, I got to be extra lazy and put them on, then give my opinion of each one then just hand back. Walkers favorites were Hifiman HE-10RP, named mellow (they are enjoyable and as soon as I listened to them, they force you to sit back and relax) and Audeze 2C with different pads, named pillows (named due to the feeling of the pad, felt like resting my head on a pillow).

FYI, last year I reviewed the Bricasti M3 vs Yggy. This may give you a little insight. I'm sure there will be an M3 at the next meet. Review: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nas...t-nov-7-2020-impressions.946596/post-15964197
Thanks Tom the tree is already gone and cleaned up and the Adjuster will be here tomorrow it just sucks the new roof was installed November 2019.
Walker is a great guy really enjoyed meeting him and the HE-10RP’s are pretty good. Will check out the review.

Nov 1, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #19 of 22
Continued testing in my Main system.

Chord Hugo TT2 - I added this to my system and honestly it sounds similar to Yggy though lacking in most every song I threw at it from my usual testing playlist. Less magical in female vocals and highs and bass seem kind of boring.

Linn CD Player in my system, definitely sounded better/fuller than streaming Tidal (native app on Win10, coax out from motherboard).

Bricasti M3H with MDX sounds cleaner than I remember the non-MDX last year. I'm more impressed with the M3H now and can easily see replacing my Yggy with this, however I listened to the M21.

Bricasti M21 vs M3H, I know there is a massive price difference and it definitely shows, the M21 is so much better. There really in no comparison.

IMG_20211101_203347-2.jpg

Nov 4, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #20 of 22
Some early pics of the Dynahi, the boards and before I finished the casework with the original volume knob.
DSCN2452.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Nov 19, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #22 of 22
I didn't like the original knob, it was on probably less than a month. I had planned on turning a knob from a block of aluminum, using a friends lathe, which never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back