Need a PDA
Sep 13, 2007 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

niko-time

100+ Head-Fier
Well, basically what I want is something I can type notes into from all my classes. It needs to be able to work with an external portable keyboard (bluetooth maybe? I don't have a clue) and have quite a good battery life (6 hours plus). It also needs to have microsoft word and internet capabilities so I can upload my notes onto a website or something.

I have my sony erikson K800i so it doesn't need to have phone capabilities or a camera.

Doesn't have to have such a large hard drive space but would be nice to have some tunes on it :)

It needs to be able to have like a stand which makes it sit on the desk that I am writing on and needs to be easily readable from 60cm from my eyes. So a large screen that means, and if it can function in landscape mode that would be great.

Budget, underneath £200 but I really don't have a clue about price.

What can I get?

Basically, I think, I would like a really small tablet laptop, i.e, PDA size
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 11
IMO, Dell Axims, the x50v and x51v, are the two best PDAs you can buy. They both have the best current screen resolution and have the fastest processor. They have bluetooth, and yes you can buy an external bluetooth keyboard to type with, wifi g, and come with Pocket versions of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, which will work seamlessly with the full blown Windows versions.

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #6 of 11
I've been using my x51v daily for over a year now and I agree. It's fantastic. My only complaint, and I believe it would be the same with 'any' is the even with the vga screen, it's hard to see out in daylight.

Sep 20, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 11
x51v.

Sep 20, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #8 of 11
Heh, for organisng, I still use a clie TJ35, works great and has a pretty good battery after 3-4 years or so, but i gotta be honest, what you're asking for, with all that capability, is gonna cost more than 200 quid unless you find one in REALLY bad condition.

I'd suggest a cheap older centrino laptop if you can find one.

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #10 of 11
I have just received an O2 XDA Orbit. Am liking it very much
smily_headphones1.gif

Soloz, in a couple of years when I'm off to university I shall get a tablet PC, I can't afford it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back