Need help on finding the right pocket knife
Sep 14, 2007 at 9:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DSlayerZX

500+ Head-Fier
Hello, is me again, yes, few weeks ago, I was asking about the byrdrench.
I receive the knife, love the design, like the feel, but there is one down side....

IT IS TOO BIG FOR MY POCKET

yes the size of this thing is seriously kind of big
blink.gif
, so now I am looking for a pocket knife (prefer folders)

what I want is a folder that actually allow four of my fingers having a comfortable grip onto the knife while still maintain a minimal size and reasonable blade length

prefer plain edge.

the spyderco Navigator II seems not bad of a choice, anyone has more recommendation?

Sep 14, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 10
i prefer the classics... Buck 110 in it's sheath on my belt

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DSlayerZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try another pocket. I've been carrying the large Victorinox cybertool vertically next to my wallet in my back hip pocket for years along with one or another 3 5/8" large lock blade (currently a CRKT MY TIGHE) clipped in my front pocket. I've come to prefer cargo pants where the lockblade goes clipped in the leg pocket. Better to get used to carrying the kinfe you actually want to work with. Give it some time.

Sep 16, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DSlayerZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the byrdrench.

I would use the Belt clip...thats why its there. Anywho, pocket folders..I'ma fan of SOG folding knives.

Sep 16, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #7 of 10
If you're under a budget:
I like Ken Onion knives. They come in multiple sizes and are a great value in my opinion. I also like the Gerber LTR series. Both are compact, well built, and cost <$30.

Of course, SOG, Microtech, Laguiole, etc are better made knives with more craftsmanship, but for the price I find Gerber and Ken Onion's hard to beat.

Sep 16, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #9 of 10
Thank you for all your suggestion, but I am currently not looking for a fixed blade.

I think any where around 100 dollar would be good.
I already checked out the Griptillian, don't really like the look.
Already checked out the Caly3 seems like a good knife
while the Navigator seems like having a comfortable grip...
don't know why... but I just don't like the look on the Delica
and .. holy carp, carbon fiber handles cost ..... much much more than the normal handle...

Actually.. I was looking for the onion at the start.... but the more research I do, the more I don't like it. @@
the main reason is because of the speed safe design..don't like the button that pup out of the body of the knife. as some people mention, sometimes it open by it self.
Actually... while searching for mini-SOCOM. I bumped into mini-Skirmish... and while reading about mini-Skirmish... it lead me to
Benchmade 960
I am considering getting this knife...since it it light (i won't do much heavy duty cutting)

so.. how does everyone think about it.

and the Axis lock allow me to open or close the knife with out completely change the way I grab onto the knife or putting my thumb in front of the blade during closing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back