Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jun 10, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #2,896 of 8,123
Not sure if these were posted here before. Aigo M5 and M6. I saw re-branded M6 on amazon and sells for around $100.

222.jpg
111.png

Aigo M5

Screen: 2.31inch TFT 320 * 240
Bulit-in memory: 16G ( Can be extended to 128G)
AMP: TPA6130
Power supply:1200mA/H3.7 V lithium battery
Audio formats:APE (192k / 24 bit),
FLAC (192 k / 24 bit),
WAV (192k / 24 bit),
WMA(9.1 Lossless),
DFF/DSF(DSD64),Apple Lossless,MP3
Total harmonic distortion: < 0.08%
SNR: >97 dB
Frequency response: 20 hz - 20 KHZ
Headphones maximum output: 970mW/32 ohm
Channel separating degree:35dB
Dynamic range: 60dB
The headset impedance: 8-300Ω
Interface:
Analog output: 3.5mm headphone socket
Line Out: 3.5mm Analog output
Data interface: USB2.0
Support operating system: Windows XP/Vista, Win7/ Win8/Win10,MacOS10, Linux 2.4.2 and above
Size:109*16*61.5mmScreen: 2.3inch TFT 320 * 240 LCD

Aigo M6

Screen: 2.3inch TFT 320 * 240 LCD
Bulit-in memory: 32G
Power supply:950mA/H3.7 V lithium battery
Audio formats:MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/FLAC/ACC/OGG/AIFF/DSD64
APE (192k / 24 bit),
FLAC (192 k / 24 bit),
WAV (192k / 64 bit),
WMA(96k / 24 bit),
DSD64
SNR: >=99 dB
Language: Chinese/English
Frequency response: 20 hz - 20 KHZ
Headphones output power: >=80mW
Transmission interface: MICRO 5PIN USB2.0
Support operating system: Windows XP/Vista,Win10
Size:98*56*11.5mm
Weight: 105g

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #2,897 of 8,123
BILD0031.JPG
BILD0033.JPG
I little while ago I dropped my Mrobo C5 for the tenth time, but this time it landed on the jack.
I had to do a little repair work and I thought some people here might find it interesting. The Left channel cut out, and the Capacitor was disconnected from the trace that got torn off with the 3.5mm. I had to run a jumper between the top of the Cap and the pin of the Jack. Soldering the trace back together wouldn't work, as it would just tear off again.
To make sure it wouldn't happen again, I put a spacer between the front of the device, and the rear on the back to stop any play the jack has, and applied a lot of Cyanoacrylate and Baking Soda to form a hard crust.
All better now :) I'll be more careful. (I attached images of the PCB)

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #2,898 of 8,123
Not sure if these were posted here before. Aigo M5 and M6. I saw re-branded M6 on amazon and sells for around $100.

Aigo M5
Headphones maximum output: 970mW/32 ohm

Not sure if I buy that power output given the overall size. That's just shy of 2W@16ohm.

Jun 11, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #2,903 of 8,123
I am using Xunsound XS01 as my goto DAP for a while and is super happy with it. The SQ is awesome. I feel it's slightly warm (AK4490) but doesn't sacrifice any details. I have not used or wanted to use any of my other DAPs since I got XS01. They have released a latest firmware version couple of weeks ago which fixed some of the issues.

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #2,904 of 8,123
I little while ago I dropped my Mrobo C5 for the tenth time, but this time it landed on the jack.
I had to do a little repair work and I thought some people here might find it interesting. The Left channel cut out, and the Capacitor was disconnected from the trace that got torn off with the 3.5mm. I had to run a jumper between the top of the Cap and the pin of the Jack. Soldering the trace back together wouldn't work, as it would just tear off again.
To make sure it wouldn't happen again, I put a spacer between the front of the device, and the rear on the back to stop any play the jack has, and applied a lot of Cyanoacrylate and Baking Soda to form a hard crust.
All better now :) I'll be more careful. (I attached images of the PCB)

That's some bad ass MacGyver sh!t

Jun 12, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #2,905 of 8,123
I am using Xunsound XS01 as my goto DAP for a while and is super happy with it. The SQ is awesome. I feel it's slightly warm (AK4490) but doesn't sacrifice any details. I have not used or wanted to use any of my other DAPs since I got XS01. They have released a latest firmware version couple of weeks ago which fixed some of the issues.

which other daps you have, can you describe more about it's sound? thanks in advance..

Jun 12, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #2,906 of 8,123
which other daps you have, can you describe more about it's sound? thanks in advance..

At the moment , I have a Hidizs AP100 and Sony A17 handy. I am terrible in describing the SQ - so please take my opinion with a grain of salt. I am using LZ A4 [Red + Blue] for the comparison.

Compared to Hidizs AP-100, XS01 has more warmer tonality.I felt the bass is bit more meatier, hits harder and it has great texture(not sure if this is the right word). Clarity and separation are very similar. AP100 has much treble extension , but I prefer XS01.

Compared to A17, XS01 bass hits much harder and clearer. For some reason I find A17 to be lifeless. XS01 on the other hand for me is exciting and makes me dance :)

Other Pros
- Swappable opamps and they are easy to access. (BTW I am using OPA627AP)
- Solid build quality.
- Has four digital filters like in other DAPS which has AK DACs.
- Two headphone outputs, out of which one is for hard to drive headphones.
- Barebone UI like HisoundAudio studio's , but much better, the extra two button(Home and Back) really helps.

Cons
- Does not play 24 bit FLAC
- No dedicated line out , but there two headphone output, one much more powerful than other.
- There is a slight cracking noise when used with sensitive IEMS while changing tracks. Most of the time I dont notice it.
- Barebone UI , this also means , no playlist or other features.
- No Eq

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #2,907 of 8,123
At the moment , I have a Hidizs AP100 and Sony A17 handy. I am terrible in describing the SQ - so please take my opinion with a grain of salt. I am using LZ A4 [Red + Blue] for the comparison.

Compared to Hidizs AP-100, XS01 has more warmer tonality.I felt the bass is bit more meatier, hits harder and it has great texture(not sure if this is the right word). Clarity and separation are very similar. AP100 has much treble extension , but I prefer XS01.

Compared to A17, XS01 bass hits much harder and clearer. For some reason I find A17 to be lifeless. XS01 on the other hand for me is exciting and makes me dance :)

Other Pros
- Swappable opamps and they are easy to access. (BTW I am using OPA627AP)
- Solid build quality.
- Has four digital filters like in other DAPS which has AK DACs.
- Two headphone outputs, out of which one is for hard to drive headphones.
- Barebone UI like HisoundAudio studio's , but much better, the extra two button(Home and Back) really helps.

Cons
- Does not play 24 bit FLAC
- No dedicated line out , but there two headphone output, one much more powerful than other.
- There is a slight cracking noise when used with sensitive IEMS while changing tracks. Most of the time I dont notice it.
- Barebone UI , this also means , no playlist or other features.
- No Eq

Hope this helps.

thanks a lot for detailed explanation, more than enough.. I was curious about xs01 but no support for 24 bit flac is killing the deal for me.. thanks again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back