Qualia 010 and R10 initial comparison
Sep 28, 2004 at 9:58 PM Post #61 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbratrud
NIK' Quote: I'm very sorry dear friend, but you are totally OT, because you don't understand one only word of what I'm telling, please, let this trhead that is so interesting for many of us, thanks a lot!

Gee, Nik and I thought that Mikhail had initiated this thread as a comparison between the Qualia and R-10. You were asking about "neutrality" and you have been the one asserting that your friend (who heard your system) needed to listen correctly.

When Sugano-san expressed himself (his opinions) concerning the meaning of "neutrality" and "correctness" on the part of the listener you seem to be shouting him down as off topic. You say, "My only interest is to tell you guys what I learn... so all the post that speak of other littel considerations I think are not so interesting..." as if you are not only the sole arbiter of what is "best" in headphone listening but also the sole arbiter of what is interesting or "on topic" - even in other people's threads.

Your shared experiences are certainly interesting - and how you arrive at your opinions sometimes more so...but they are not the ONLY opinions of merit. It appears that quite a few others here have different takes on the Qualia than you do and they not only have some fine ears and some fine associated equipment, but they seem to have some fine reasons as well.

Some of these reasons speak directly to the issues of "neutrality" as a concept and its relative importance to the listening experience. To read an opinion expressed by someone with actual experience of the gear and to know how that opinion was formulated and what listening values were weighed in making that opinion helps us in knowing if that piece of gear might hold some interest to us.

Yelling down someone who disagrees with you (even with the help of some bizarre cyber cult of personality) just gets in the way. There is enough bandwidth to express your opinion...even to argue your opinion, without pushing others around because of the, "littel (sic) considerations I think are not so interesting".

What belies the idea of telling someone who disagrees with you to "let (sic) this thread that is so interesting to many of us"? Now are you also going to control whose interest is correct and whose is not?

This is exactly what I was going to say! Only you spell better than I do.
wink.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #62 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Thin bass ??? I cannot understand... what about your reservations for the RP5 cav with the HD 650 ???

The «thin bass» is what's been reported from several people with different electronics. Maybe it's in fact exceptionally accurate and fast bass, I don't know -- don't take my comment too seriously, I have to rely on what I read about it.

My reservation against the RP5cav is that it sounds too good to be true -- true to the original signal. Its euphonic coloration sounds extremely tempting and lifelike with corresponding recordings (primarily with large orchestra), but just as disappointing with more «dirty» music. Quite some difference to the original from the DAC2 -- and my other amps -- when it comes to directness, palpability and all the energy and edges in the recordings. But I have to admit that its sonic balance was just ideal with the HD 650. Just not exactly true to the original. And that's one of my most important concerns, although I accept a certain amount of euphonic synergy if it dosen't harm the width of the musical spectrum.

peacesign.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 10:34 PM Post #63 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
This is exactly what I was going to say! Only you spell better than I do.
wink.gif

This is what Sugan-san said:

...You like what you hear? Well, that's great! We're all very happy for you.

Your true intentions appear to be much more accurately described by the title of another thread: "Am I the first owner ??? Qualia 010 !!!"

You like being the first owner? Well, that's great! We're all very happy for you".

--------------------------------------------------

This is not so good for me, not his opinion about neutrality that I respect like all other opinions... the discussionis not about my happyness with the Qualia, I think this is not so correct ... and do that the discussion go down...

Jus to let this clear: I do not have any intention to cinve nobody to buy the Qualia or the RP010 or any other equipment, I do not have any intention to convince someone to be agree with allmy impressions, I'm just whant to tell you my experience, if they will be util for some of you good, if not... good !!!

Best!
Nicola

Sep 29, 2004 at 10:04 AM Post #64 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
[...]you don't understand one only word of what I'm telling[..]

You can rest assured that neither the subject matter of your posts nor your choice of words is overly complex or otherwise hard to understand. But I do appreciate that you are not interested in analytical (or critical) comments about methodology and the notions of "neutrality", "the real recording event" or "what is exctly recorded in that CD".

I also note that you are apparently laboring under the misapprehension that you are in a position to request from other head-fiers not to post in threads that are not even yours. Well, I am not so sure if I am in the mood to comply with your request...

But I am happy for you because in your own special way you seem to enjoy your new headphones. And to me it's all about the enjoyment.

Sep 29, 2004 at 10:25 AM Post #65 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugano-san
You can rest assured that neither the subject matter of your posts nor your choice of words is overly complex or otherwise hard to understand. But I do appreciate that you are not interested in analytical (or critical) comments about methodology and the notions of "neutrality", "the real recording event" or "what is exctly recorded in that CD".

I also note that you are apparently laboring under the misapprehension that you are in a position to request from other head-fiers not to post in threads that are not even yours. Well, I am not so sure if I am in the mood to comply with your request...

But I am happy for you because in your own special way you seem to enjoy your new headphones. And to me it's all about the enjoyment.

Hi man,

I'm very inetersted in you opinion about neutrality and all your opinions about headpohnes ... but I do not understand that "happy"... sorry, I'm happy for many things in my life, but with the headphones systems, more than to be "happy", I'm doing another "work" as I said, just this...

Best!
Nicola

Users who are viewing this thread

Back