RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
May 3, 2024 at 12:30 AM Post #1,576 of 1,580
Thanks for this impression of the use case for the Jot R. Have dusted it off (had put it away when I picked up the HSA-1c and the Hyperion Ge, purely for space considerations) and plugged it back into the audio chain. I am fortunate to still have the 8 foot Deluxe cable (copper/silver) which was designed for use wth the Jot R (iirc). While I await the arrival of the

Thanks for this impression of the use case for the Jot R. Have dusted it off (had put it away when I picked up the HSA-1c and the Hyperion Ge, purely for space considerations) and plugged it back into the audio chain. I am fortunate to still have the 8 foot Deluxe cable (copper/silver) which was designed for use wth the Jot R (iirc). While I await the arrival of the Immanis. :)
Well, you have some great amplifiers already so the JotR is keeping elevated company. At least for me it is a great option when I do not want to heat things up, and it is the most transportable of them all as well. I must say, I really enjoy the Magna off this little amp. Happy listening.

May 3, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #1,577 of 1,580
Well, you have some great amplifiers already so the JotR is keeping elevated company. At least for me it is a great option when I do not want to heat things up, and it is the most transportable of them all as well. I must say, I really enjoy the Magna off this little amp. Happy listening.
I noticed Kiats mentioned using the deluxe cable with Jot R and the new phones. I might be wrong here but I thought I read somewhere that the original deluxe cable wasn’t good with the new phones. I’m really not sure so thought it best to raise it here.

May 3, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #1,578 of 1,580
I noticed Kiats mentioned using the deluxe cable with Jot R and the new phones. I might be wrong here but I thought I read somewhere that the original deluxe cable wasn’t good with the new phones. I’m really not sure so thought it best to raise it here.
Not good for use with Interface, but good for direct drive amps. JotR actually requires that cable's resistance, inductance and probably capacitance to work it's best.

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
May 3, 2024 at 3:53 AM Post #1,579 of 1,580
You are too kind. The Jot R brings a different tonality to the table. And, for me, that is key. Having a range of different sound signatures is a nice option. Similarly with how I have a different range of energizers for Stax earspeakers. :)

May 3, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #1,580 of 1,580
Not good for use with Interface, but good for direct drive amps. JotR actually requires that cable's resistance, inductance and probably capacitance to work its best.
Absolutely! @Aleksandar R. will remember that I had many questions when I first picked up the SR-1a and then the CA-1A, with the JotR, before moving on to the HSA-1C and the TI-1b. And he will be glad that I have learned well about the matching of resistance, inductance and capacitance of different cables with the different direct drive amps and interface boxes. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back