Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread
Apr 22, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #2,851 of 2,857
According to the Schiit website the Valhalla 2 will work very well with low impedance cans. I did some investigation of the V2 and was surprised to discover that this model was first released in 2019. Schiit are asking $US300 while the Australian price is $830. I am tempted to see if I can get a used one online.
I love my valhalla2, but with low impedance planars, it sounds broken. And the v2 came out long before 2019.

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #2,852 of 2,857
I have both the HD580 and the HD 650 and it sounds as if the Valhalla 2 would do a better job than the Asgard 3. The price it's currently selling for at my local HiFi store is a bit off putting at almost twice the price. It would make sense to buy directly from Schiit themselves which is what I did for my Asgard 3.

Apr 23, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #2,853 of 2,857
I sold my Asgard 3 when I bought my Vahalla 2. When I bought my silver Asgard 3 they were selling for $200 new and it was definitely the best money I'd spent on audio equipment going back to 1973. It's a great solid state headphone amp.

Funny how we all hear differently, sold my Valhalla 2 and picked up an Asgard 3 and later a Vali 2++. Got tired of the tube rolling angst...now I roll (rarely) just one tube.

Asgards are great values. Last year, found a NIB Asgard 2 on ebay for $99 and snapped that up to create a listening station in another room (also serves as a space heater :wink:)

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #2,855 of 2,857
Funny how we all hear differently, sold my Valhalla 2 and picked up an Asgard 3 and later a Vali 2++. Got tired of the tube rolling angst...now I roll (rarely) just one tube.

Asgards are great values. Last year, found a NIB Asgard 2 on ebay for $99 and snapped that up to create a listening station in another room (also serves as a space heater :wink:)
I had an Asgard 2, it's a little cook stove. I had a Vali 2++ and it's a great little amp. For the Vahalla 2 I bought a pair of Amperex orange globes and called it good. They were recommended on the Vahalla tube rolling thread and I've been very happy with them.

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #2,856 of 2,857
I had an Asgard 2, it's a little cook stove. I had a Vali 2++ and it's a great little amp. For the Vahalla 2 I bought a pair of Amperex orange globes and called it good. They were recommended on the Vahalla tube rolling thread and I've been very happy with them.

Makes sense for the Valhalla 2 /Amperex combo glad you like it :beerchug:

Like the Vali 2++ as well...that said, we have a room that 'needs' an amp; will probably add a Vali 3 :wink:
Will pair it with a Modi 3+ that's sitting idle

The Asgard 2 & 3 are connected to an old Bifrost OG; nice sound for the $$$ I paid...Schiit makes good Schiit!

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #2,857 of 2,857
Makes sense for the Valhalla 2 /Amperex combo glad you like it :beerchug:

Like the Vali 2++ as well...that said, we have a room that 'needs' an amp; will probably add a Vali 3 :wink:
Will pair it with a Modi 3+ that's sitting idle

The Asgard 2 & 3 are connected to an old Bifrost OG; nice sound for the $$$ I paid...Schiit makes good Schiit!
I had a Bifrost 4490 and a Bifrost multibit. I liked them both. My original Modi Multibit with the firmware update brought the same sound to my system as the Bifrost multibit so I kept the Modi Multibit and still use it. I had a Modius AKM chip too and it was a nice DAC for a great price. I've only has the Modi 3E for a Schiit Sabre DAC and didn't keep it long. I might get their newest Modi+ to try out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back