Schiitcago 2017 - 9/17/17

Will you be making it to Schiitcago 2017

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #31 of 80
I'm quite interested in seeing how the schiitshow is organized. it will be a different kind of meet for sure. we havent had sponsor for years!! looking forward to seeing how they put it together.

Sep 6, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #32 of 80
hey I'm also new to head fi and am real interested in coming to the meet up to listen and hang out. don't have too much gear of my own, but have used head fi recs for some budget phones in the past and have been curious about diving deeper

Sep 7, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #33 of 80
New to the headphone hobby (past couple of years) but I've managed to get way too into it this year with the purchase a few pieces of gear. So, I'm very curious to try attending a meet-up, just to see what the community is like. Selfishly, I'm very curious about the Modi Multibit just to hear if it'll be a worthy upgrade to my current DAC. I'll have a few decent headphones to possibly bring to the party as well, if there's interest.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #35 of 80
Hey all - update, I just got a big box of cool gear from ifi today and will be bringing that to the meet. A huge thank you to Lawrance Lee for it. There's some VERY nice sounding kit they sent over.

More tidbits to follow!

Sep 9, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #37 of 80
If I can safely transport it I'll try and bring my Holo Spring KTE lvl3 for comparing to Yggy if people are interested in that? I'd personally like to try feeding it with Eitr (if there's gonna be one there) vs my SU-1.

Also, does anyone know if there will be Stax amps there? If so I'll bring my 007mk2 and L300s. Just not gonna lug the DIY Carbon around with me cause I'm afraid of breaking it (and it weighs about as much as my dining room table).

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #38 of 80
If I can safely transport it I'll try and bring my Holo Spring KTE lvl3 for comparing to Yggy if people are interested in that? I'd personally like to try feeding it with Eitr (if there's gonna be one there) vs my SU-1.

Also, does anyone know if there will be Stax amps there? If so I'll bring my 007mk2 and L300s. Just not gonna lug the DIY Carbon around with me cause I'm afraid of breaking it (and it weighs about as much as my dining room table).
I would definitely be interested in hearing the Stax 007 if you could manage to find a rig. Greatly appreciate it. :)

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #39 of 80
I might make it out to this thing.

EDIT: I'll be bringing my Pre-fazor Audeze LCD-2 and Mod House Audio Argon

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #40 of 80
I should be able to make it Sunday. I will be bringing my Elears. Doubt there is much interest since it has been around a while, but I can bring my Wyred4Sound DAC2 for comparisons. I will probably leave it home unless someone wants to demo it.

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #41 of 80
Wow glad I stumbled into here. I recently got back into audio gear since I got a new workspace at home. In the last few months I've purchased HD650s, Jot w/Dac and have a Valhalla 2 coming tomorrow... or today I suppose. I might have to make the drive out from the burbs for this.

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #42 of 80
Argh found out there is not Fall Michigan meet this year. I'm contemplating doing a 9 hour round trip bus ride over to this meet. I really really want to hear the ZMF Atticus/Eikon. If I come I'll bring my HD800 (SDR modded) to test on different amps. I might be able to throw some other stuff in a duffel bag as well. I'm guessing my DT1990 might be one of the more interesting cans since it is rather new and fewer people have experience with it. But I also have a vegan modded M1060, 2016 Aluminum LCD-2, Fostex TH-X00, and EMU Teak as potential options. If anyone really wants to hear one of those in particular let me know and I'll consider bringing it.

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #43 of 80
Argh found out there is not Fall Michigan meet this year. I'm contemplating doing a 9 hour round trip bus ride over to this meet. I really really want to hear the ZMF Atticus/Eikon. If I come I'll bring my HD800 (SDR modded) to test on different amps. I might be able to throw some other stuff in a duffel bag as well. I'm guessing my DT1990 might be one of the more interesting cans since it is rather new and fewer people have experience with it. But I also have a vegan modded M1060, 2016 Aluminum LCD-2, Fostex TH-X00, and EMU Teak as potential options. If anyone really wants to hear one of those in particular let me know and I'll consider bringing it.

I'd love to try out the DT1990!

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #44 of 80
I'd love to try out the DT1990!

Yeah I think I could bring that one for sure, it is actually the most portable can I own, except maybe HD650 or DT880. The DT1990 lives up to the hype it is getting and I have a feeling whoever hears it might have a lighter wallet shortly after :beyersmile:

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #45 of 80
Yeah I think I could bring that one for sure, it is actually the most portable can I own, except maybe HD650 or DT880. The DT1990 lives up to the hype it is getting and I have a feeling whoever hears it might have a lighter wallet shortly after :beyersmile:

That's kinda good to hear .. what's the sound signature like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back