Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Dec 14, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #2,776 of 8,689
Well my HD 800S finally arrived, opened her up and she really is a beauty. However, i'm super annoyed because i don't have a 6.3mm to 3.5m adapter and now i had to order one on amazon so i have to wait another 3 days, it sucks looking at these and not being able to use them after waiting for so long! :frowning2: I can't believe Sennheiser would not include an adapter? Also noob question here, but the black cloth material covering each driver i can remove that correct?

You can remove it but I wouldn’t. The cloth is a dust cover, so it protects your drivers. In addition, it also tunes the sound by slightly decreasing the treble and it prevents resonance.

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #2,777 of 8,689
No you cant remove those... Cmon man use common sense... Its there for a reason!!! To protect drivers from dust and hairs.
About adapter: They dont include adapter because none of portable amp is capable of driving these headphones to full potential... Portables can drive it well, but nowhere near to its full potential. If you never plan on using these with desktop amp i think youre made a mistake by buying these... There are better choices for portable amps n dacs.

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #2,778 of 8,689
No you cant remove those... Cmon man use common sense... Its there for a reason!!! To protect drivers from dust and hairs.
About adapter: They dont include adapter because none of portable amp is capable of driving these headphones to full potential... Portables can drive it well, but nowhere near to its full potential. If you never plan on using these with desktop amp i think youre made a mistake by buying these... There are better choices for portable amps n dacs.

Please don't be so condescending, if you had bothered to read a page or two back, you would know that i do have amps and gear that can drive these, but that it is at my place overseas and i won't be back for a few weeks. Next time do not assume so much about what gear i have and do not have. As for the dust covers i was just asking, because they are loose and can easily be removed so i was just wondering.

Dec 15, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #2,779 of 8,689
Well my HD 800S finally arrived, opened her up and she really is a beauty. However, i'm super annoyed because i don't have a 6.3mm to 3.5m adapter and now i had to order one on amazon so i have to wait another 3 days, it sucks looking at these and not being able to use them after waiting for so long! :frowning2: I can't believe Sennheiser would not include an adapter? Also noob question here, but the black cloth material covering each driver i can remove that correct?

Seems logical to me not to include such adapter, since they are not fit for portable use..Personally I would not remove the black cloth, it protects the drivers and I can't imagine sonical benefits..

but hey, time flies.. :)

Dec 15, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #2,780 of 8,689
Don’t remove anything and after buying a couple of refrence cans, no one supplies an adapter. I do remember back in the day dr Dre beats did but that figures.

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #2,781 of 8,689
neUmVu5.png

Prices so low we can't publish them!

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #2,785 of 8,689
This may seem random. New HD800s owner and love these headphones. Do the HD800S suffer from the same paint chipping issue as on the normal HD800?. The black parts of this headphone appear to be unpainted. I'd like to keep them in the best shape possible.

Dec 16, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #2,786 of 8,689
Haven't chipped yet here. :)

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #2,787 of 8,689
Hrmm, unfortunate news...the right swivel on the headphones, the part closest to the headband, I think the spring came loose, there is a distinct clatter that isn't present in the left earcup, and it also does not offer the same level of resistance. Kinda bummed since I haven't even had these a month and they have literally only sat on a headphone stand with no one but myself using them. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't want to void my warranty but also would feel annoyed having to ship them in for repairs so soon after purchase, and be without them while I wait. If it's an easy fix of reattaching the spring, I'd likely rather do it myself if Senn gave the ok, plan on contacting them shortly. It doesn't actually affect the headphones performance in any way, but also, for the price, I am a bit annoyed that any part is loose or unreliable. Anyone else had this happen?

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #2,788 of 8,689
This may seem random. New HD800s owner and love these headphones. Do the HD800S suffer from the same paint chipping issue as on the normal HD800?. The black parts of this headphone appear to be unpainted. I'd like to keep them in the best shape possible.
No issues here but then again I keep them at home and away from kids and animals.

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #2,789 of 8,689
So I got in on the Massdrop HD6XX because I was always curious as to how they sound knowing many people love them.
I was wondering if the balanced XLR cable which came with my 800S will work with the 6XX? Thanks!

Dec 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #2,790 of 8,689
Hrmm, unfortunate news...the right swivel on the headphones, the part closest to the headband, I think the spring came loose, there is a distinct clatter that isn't present in the left earcup, and it also does not offer the same level of resistance. Kinda bummed since I haven't even had these a month and they have literally only sat on a headphone stand with no one but myself using them. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't want to void my warranty but also would feel annoyed having to ship them in for repairs so soon after purchase, and be without them while I wait. If it's an easy fix of reattaching the spring, I'd likely rather do it myself if Senn gave the ok, plan on contacting them shortly. It doesn't actually affect the headphones performance in any way, but also, for the price, I am a bit annoyed that any part is loose or unreliable. Anyone else had this happen?

It has happened to me before. I shipped them back and Sennheiser repaired them for free under warranty. I got them back in about 1 week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back