Shanling M6 Ultra - 4x AKM AK4493S DAC, Snapdragon 665, Android 10 DAP
Apr 24, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #872 of 885
thank you for your answer but when using line out can you you use with the 4.4 is the amp not being used what does line out mode do is it the same using the usb-c or the 4.4
Line out is bypassing the amp stage of the M6. The DAC is converting to analogue and then handing off to your XD05 to amplify.
USB would be digital signal transfer hand off to the XD05 to convert to analogue and then amplify.

You could use your phone through usb and it would likely sound the exact same as the M6 through usb.

Hope this helps

May 17, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #874 of 885
Does the Shanling app support Replay Gain tags?
I can’t seem to get it working, in the settings I have Gain set to Album but it doesn’t seem to do anything. If I change EQ setting to On then there is a reduction in volume, but I don’t want to use EQ.
All the music in my library has track and album replay gain tags set but the Shanling music app does not seem to recognise these tags. UAPP and Symfonium both recognise the replay gain, is there something specific I need to be doing to get the Shanling app to use these tags correctly?

May 17, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #875 of 885
hello, no one has encountered such a problem, it happened for the first time on the m3 ultra, now the same problem is on the m6 ultra. Periodically, the song will pause for less than a second and continue playing. I checked with other micro SD, checked the files, they are not broken. I tried other music players fiio music, neutron, same thing there. I couldn't find the reason for this. The firmware on both devices is latest.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #877 of 885
What about the bass slam, bass speed and texture of the M6 Ultra ?
Given your tersely question, I only can give you my first thinking and understanding:
I have not used my M6U during the Bass Slam angler tours - but I would believe that it fits well with the Georgia Bass Slam. :fish:
The Bass Speed depends on water temperatures: In cooler water it will swim slower - but the M6U might not work well when it's too cold. 🌊
The Bass fish Texture is depending on the cooking: Either you frying it in the pan or cook it in water - you will get different textures and listing to the M6U gives you a smooth experience. 🍳

The best way to get your personal answers on Bass Speed and Texture is that you join a Bass Slam with your M6U and find out yourself! :dt880smile:

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #878 of 885
Given your tersely question, I only can give you my first thinking and understanding:
I have not used my M6U during the Bass Slam angler tours - but I would believe that it fits well with the Georgia Bass Slam. :fish:
The Bass Speed depends on water temperatures: In cooler water it will swim slower - but the M6U might not work well when it's too cold. 🌊
The Bass fish Texture is depending on the cooking: Either you frying it in the pan or cook it in water - you will get different textures and listing to the M6U gives you a smooth experience. 🍳

The best way to get your personal answers on Bass Speed and Texture is that you join a Bass Slam with your M6U and find out yourself! :dt880smile:
F.y.

May 20, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #879 of 885
May 20, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #880 of 885
You should start here - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shanling-m6-ultra.26066/reviews

Slam, speed and texture seem to be more related to loudspeakers, IEMS, and headphones - if you need links I can Google that for you...
Thank you, don't bother with google, I'm not interested in the nonsense that there is no difference between the sources in terms of how hard they push the bass. . I bought the fiio m23 and the soft weightless bass response make me totally disappointed. All my basshead iems sounds thin with this 💩
The 100$ Shanling ua4's sound has much much better note weight, body, dynamics and bass impact.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #881 of 885
Does the Shanling app support Replay Gain tags?
I can’t seem to get it working, in the settings I have Gain set to Album but it doesn’t seem to do anything. If I change EQ setting to On then there is a reduction in volume, but I don’t want to use EQ.
All the music in my library has track and album replay gain tags set but the Shanling music app does not seem to recognise these tags. UAPP and Symfonium both recognise the replay gain, is there something specific I need to be doing to get the Shanling app to use these tags correctly?

Replay gain currently doesn't work in our app. Still waiting for a fix on this.

hello, no one has encountered such a problem, it happened for the first time on the m3 ultra, now the same problem is on the m6 ultra. Periodically, the song will pause for less than a second and continue playing. I checked with other micro SD, checked the files, they are not broken. I tried other music players fiio music, neutron, same thing there. I couldn't find the reason for this. The firmware on both devices is latest.

Have you tried full factory reset and running just Shanling app before installing any 3rd party apps?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 21, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #882 of 885
May 21, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #884 of 885
Really? No humor? :scream:

What about the bass slam, bass speed and texture of the M6 Ultra ?
The M6U bass tuning is more on the warm side - but still quite precise and accurate in the bass reproduction.
You can tune the bass with the Low Pass Filter - see attachment - I prefer the "Short Delay Slow Rolloff" curve as it gives you a richer bass floor.
For a faster rolloff and more precision some prefer the Low Dispersion Short Delay filter.

Anyway you need good IEM/Headphones to hear the difference as a good bass reproduction is quite difficult.

Screenshot_20240521-154205.png

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #885 of 885
Thank you, don't bother with google, I'm not interested in the nonsense that there is no difference between the sources in terms of how hard they push the bass. . I bought the fiio m23 and the soft weightless bass response make me totally disappointed. All my basshead iems sounds thin with this 💩
The 100$ Shanling ua4's sound has much much better note weight, body, dynamics and bass impact.
I see that you will be bringing your usual (from looking at your previous thread messages) warm, collaborative, open-minded approach to the views of others that you bring to the FiioM23 (and numerous other threads) to discussions about the M6U. Perhaps you should also inquire on the M3U thread in a similar fashion...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Rins
Back