Shure Unveils New AONIC Line Of Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones & True Wireless Earphones
Apr 4, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #16 of 22
Got the Aonic 215 yesterday.

Pro's:
Nice fit to the shape of my ear.
Familiar SE215 sound signature. Cannot tell the difference between wired and wireless.

Con's:
No forward/back functionality, only play/pause, turn on/off ambience mode and on/off function.
Phone works only on the right ear.

To be monitored:
Charging seems to be broken out-of-the-box.

Use case:
Compared to my Sony WF-1000mx3, the fit is great for me. No fear of losing them while walking or running.
This is not for those who is looking for functions. This feels really industrial and tough.

Apr 4, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #17 of 22
with the 215 aonic looks just like Shure putting their entry into pro tool wireless accessory than a consumer product.... does pro even use the unreliable Bluetooth for anything critical tho? and consumer, for the price... why not just buy a Power Beats Pro?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #19 of 22
with the 215 aonic looks just like Shure putting their entry into pro tool wireless accessory than a consumer product.... does pro even use the unreliable Bluetooth for anything critical tho? and consumer, for the price... why not just buy a Power Beats Pro?

Depends on the target audience. You don't want to put SE4xx and above to the Aonic. If you think $200 is expensive with the SE215, with the SE4xxx and above it will drive the price up to $400++. Been using the SE215LE for more than 5 years. It is not the same sound quality as UERR but the SE215 is appropriate for casual use.

After using this for a day, IMO this is stable platform for stage use. Replace the SE215 with your favourite MMCX earpiece (even customs) and you are laughing!

Apr 4, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #20 of 22
Depends on the target audience. You don't want to put SE4xx and above to the Aonic. If you think $200 is expensive with the SE215, with the SE4xxx and above it will drive the price up to $400++. Been using the SE215LE for more than 5 years. It is not the same sound quality as UERR but the SE215 is appropriate for casual use.

After using this for a day, IMO this is stable platform for stage use. Replace the SE215 with your favourite MMCX earpiece (even customs) and you are laughing!

Why not. I currently have the 846 on the BT2 and they respond very well.
Other than the obvious volume difference, I can't really tell between wired and wireless on the BT2.
I can't see why the 846 wouldn't be as good on this system.

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #21 of 22
I"m looking at the cans along with the BW PX7's and some others. I want comfort and portability along with wearing them for a fairly long time around the house. I am also looking at a pair of Empire Ear's Phantoms as mine were crushed by UPS when shipping them back for something. I am thinking about those along with a nice bluetooth 5 receiver I found. I think the can's may be easier, but have to figure this all out as I really want no wires, but still great sound when I do use a cable. not sure that made sense, but I wish I could just go listen, but that's not happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back