Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Oct 30, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #346 of 1,997
Bought myself the A45. So far have to say it was a good purchase. Smooth UI and great sound quality with a ton of "EQ features" like the DSEE HX and stuff. If anyone is wondering Sony Nw A45 vs Lg V20, i found the A45 to be better than the LG V20 with its quad dac. A45 has wider staging and a transparent sounding player. However the only downfall to this player is the USB DAC will have a delay of about 0.5 seconds from my laptop. Meaning when playing games and even youtube, the sound output and image on screen aren't coherent. Creating playlist needs to be done with an external program for example using the Sony MediaGo.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #347 of 1,997
Bought myself the A45. So far have to say it was a good purchase. Smooth UI and great sound quality with a ton of "EQ features" like the DSEE HX and stuff. If anyone is wondering Sony Nw A45 vs Lg V20, i found the A45 to be better than the LG V20 with its quad dac. A45 has wider staging and a transparent sounding player. However the only downfall to this players is the USB DAC will have a delay of about 0.5 seconds from my laptop. Meaning when playing games and even youtube, the sound output and image on screen aren't coherent. Creating playlist needs to be done with an external program for example using the Sony MediaGo.
Where are you buy it ?

Oct 31, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #352 of 1,997
Where are you buy it ?
I picked one up off ebay from a Korean seller (worlddigital2000). It cost me $299 + $39 shipping. This version is also multilingual so I didn't have to mess with anything when I got it.

guys, tell me please. In which versions, will the Russian language be supported? Japan - only Japanese and English, but what about Sony Asia Pacific version ?

The one I picked up has Russian and 10 other languages: https://imgur.com/a/PuKcd

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #354 of 1,997
I saw this version on eBay too, I like that they have the red version , but I'm a little confused by the price. I do not want to overpay.
That does sound expensive if it's the standard 16GB model with no earphones. Like I said above, they're the equivalent of $214 on Lazada from local sellers in Thailand, so that's with import duty already having been paid when they came from the wholesalers/main distributors or whatever. In fact, I should unsubscribe from this thread because if I start to think that's a good deal I'm going to end up buying one soon.

Nov 1, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #356 of 1,997
Nov 1, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #358 of 1,997
That does sound expensive if it's the standard 16GB model with no earphones. Like I said above, they're the equivalent of $214 on Lazada from local sellers in Thailand, so that's with import duty already having been paid when they came from the wholesalers/main distributors or whatever. In fact, I should unsubscribe from this thread because if I start to think that's a good deal I'm going to end up buying one soon.

It is the standard 16GB model, so yes, I overpaid by like 60 dollars since NY has 8.25% sales tax and I consider the shipping to be actually fair since it was FedEx expedited. I pre-ordered my device from B&H and the whole push to 2018 felt silly considering that the DAP of my life (Rockbox'd Clip ZIp+) was terminally ill. I'm not suggesting the price is great or anything, I just wanted to let folks here know what I got for my money since at one point I had questions that were not clearly answered and I decided to take one of those more money than brains gamble.

So does that price include import duties and customs clearance?

I live in the US so I'm kind of stupid about import duties but after I ordered I got this message:
We marked it as "Gift ." You will responsible for any import duties,taxes and charges if occur. All of this is ebay policy. Because of taxes,we don't accept your item return and we don't want to negative feedback. After 1 day, Tracking information will be updated.

I did not incur any import duties, but to be honest I got worried for a second until the FedEx tracking number went live and I saw that this guy actually spent the 39 bucks on real live expedited shipping around the globe. If you're Canadian or European, I know that import duties are a thing you have to consider, and I'm sorry I don't have enough information about that.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #359 of 1,997
It is the standard 16GB model, so yes, I overpaid by like 60 dollars since NY has 8.25% sales tax and I consider the shipping to be actually fair since it was FedEx expedited. I pre-ordered my device from B&H and the whole push to 2018 felt silly considering that the DAP of my life (Rockbox'd Clip ZIp+) was terminally ill. I'm not suggesting the price is great or anything, I just wanted to let folks here know what I got for my money since at one point I had questions that were not clearly answered and I decided to take one of those more money than brains gamble.

I live in the US so I'm kind of stupid about import duties but after I ordered I got this message:
We marked it as "Gift ." You will responsible for any import duties,taxes and charges if occur. All of this is ebay policy. Because of taxes,we don't accept your item return and we don't want to negative feedback. After 1 day, Tracking information will be updated.

I did not incur any import duties, but to be honest I got worried for a second until the FedEx tracking number went live and I saw that this guy actually spent the 39 bucks on real live expedited shipping around the globe. If you're Canadian or European, I know that import duties are a thing you have to consider, and I'm sorry I don't have enough information about that.
With FedEx shipping included it's a much better deal :)

Nov 2, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #360 of 1,997
Multiple people got it to work on the ZX300 so its pretty safe that the A40 works too. Just change destination code the the tourist one and than reset the player.

Anybody know where the reset all settings is in the japanese UI ? Have changed it using the tool, but can't find the UI screen in japanese now.

Edit: found it by trial and error - not that easy tbh.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back