The ear can detect a sound wave so small it moves the eardrum just one angstrom...
Oct 16, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #16 of 23

Eh?

What'd you say?

Speak up!

biggrin.gif

se

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
And let's just come out and admit it...

it's pretty safe to say that even under the best circumstances, no one on this forum has any of these extreme abilities any more :wink:

I could hear you typing that.....
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #18 of 23
Some times our perception / selective hearing deceive us.

I think I can only capture 30% max what my wife say... So I guess our ears being a great device, our brain keep failing us all (or the brain serves us well, which ever way you want to look at it)

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

I think I can only capture 30% max what my wife say... So I guess our ears being a great device, our brain keep failing us all (or the brain serves us well, which ever way you want to look at it)

The brain serves us well.  For example, you don't feel your clothing touching your skin all throughout the day, and you probably didn't notice until I just brought it up.  Yet, now that I did, you notice.  If you noticed things like that all the time (that is to say, if the brain didn't filter and attenuate chronic auditory and tactile stimuli), it'd be sensory overload.  We'd all lose our damn minds.

Oct 21, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #20 of 23

Quote:

That's definitely not a problem with your ears.
wink_face.gif

Dec 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #21 of 23
Found this thread while googling about THD significance, what a good read.

I guess this could be a reply to those "Why do you spend so much on audio gear" questions
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back