The Official 2017 SF Head-Fi Meet - August 19 - DoubleTree SFO
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #122 of 212
Guys, we’re only a few short weeks away from the big meet! I’ll be bringing along the following gear for my table:

DNA Stratus
Chord TT/Hugo 2
Sonore microRendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1 Power Supply
Hifiman Susvara
Focal Utopia
Wireworld and The Chord Company Headphone Cables
Campfire Audio Andromeda
64 Audio Tia Fourte
Hifiman RE2000

It would be great to get some more member rigs at the meet and we have allocated table space for this. Please reply here if you need table space and what you plan on bringing. Look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks!

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #123 of 212
Guys, we’re only a few short weeks away from the big meet! I’ll be bringing along the following gear for my table:

DNA Stratus
Chord TT/Hugo 2
Sonore microRendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1 Power Supply
Hifiman Susvara
Focal Utopia
Wireworld and The Chord Company Headphone Cables
Campfire Audio Andromeda
64 Audio Tia Fourte

It would be great to get some more member rigs at the meet and we have allocated table space for this. Please reply here if you need table space and what you plan on bringing. Look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks!

:L3000::L3000::L3000:
IMG_2533.GIF

IMG_2534.GIF

IMG_2535.GIF

Aug 4, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #128 of 212
Any IEM vendors this time offering free moldings with purchase? :)

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #130 of 212
Hello, I'm interested in attending, but have never been to such an event and I'm just curious how it works. Just from browsing this and last year's thread it seems like two separate "zones" if you will. One being traditional trade show style with the vendors having their equipment to audition (and presumably available for purchase) and the other being community get together where people can bring their personal setups and folks just mingle and can try their cans on someone else's setup or someone else's cans on their own setup, etc. Is this more or less accurate? If you bring a setup, would the vendors let you borrow their demo equipment to audition on your own gear? If you audition IEMs, are you supposed to bring your own tips? Can I, as an attendee, just be a "mooch" and come in empty handed and audition cool stuff? Haha...

Sorry for the questions. Listening to headphones has always been a solo affair for me. Something to do in the privacy of my own home to tune out the the rest of the world for a brief moment. So doing it along with a bunch of other people in public is definitely something new for me :)

Aug 5, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #131 of 212
CANiSLAYu, I like your questions. It's my first time too and I have the same thoughts. I have only a couple of mid-fi cans (HE-400i and HD600) and I want to get deeper into the space of what headphones and related equipment can do. I appreciate you asking those questions and I hope some folks can answer them.

Aug 5, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #132 of 212
Hello, I'm interested in attending, but have never been to such an event and I'm just curious how it works. Just from browsing this and last year's thread it seems like two separate "zones" if you will. One being traditional trade show style with the vendors having their equipment to audition (and presumably available for purchase) and the other being community get together where people can bring their personal setups and folks just mingle and can try their cans on someone else's setup or someone else's cans on their own setup, etc. Is this more or less accurate? If you bring a setup, would the vendors let you borrow their demo equipment to audition on your own gear? If you audition IEMs, are you supposed to bring your own tips? Can I, as an attendee, just be a "mooch" and come in empty handed and audition cool stuff? Haha...

We definitely welcome visitors to bring their own headphones, and even sources to connect with and demo our amplifiers. In our opinion, the fewer new pieces of gear you listen to at one time, the more you learn about the sound of any one particular piece of gear.

Vendors who demo IEM's generally have loads of tips, and are happy to accommodate your demos.

You'll find the environment to be super friendly and welcoming, with lots of people who are happy to dispense their knowledge and experience in audio to help you learn. The Head-Fi community is really amazing in this way, and these meets and shows are where the magic really happens. You'll have a blast, I guarantee it.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Aug 5, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #133 of 212

Sorry for the questions. Listening to headphones has always been a solo affair for me. Something to do in the privacy of my own home to tune out the the rest of the world for a brief moment. So doing it along with a bunch of other people in public is definitely something new for me :)

CANiSLAYu, I like your questions. It's my first time too and I have the same thoughts. I have only a couple of mid-fi cans (HE-400i and HD600) and I want to get deeper into the space of what headphones and related equipment can do. I appreciate you asking those questions and I hope some folks can answer them.

These are great questions and I can second Peter's comments above. Head-Fi meets are a great opportunity to demo various pieces of gear in a fun and friendly environment with like-minded headphone audio enthusiasts. While this meet will be predominately manufacturer focused (and in essence like a smaller scale version of a CanJam event), I would like to encourage everyone to bring whatever gear they are able to in order to be able to try as many things out with their own gear, be it headphones, portables, or their full size desktop rig. We do have table space available for those that need it and I'm taking this opportunity to showcase my own rig, which is something that I'm not able to do at CanJam.

But yeah, in any case, you will have loads of fun. Would also recommend to everyone to try and arrive early as the time flies at these events and there is a ton of great gear to listen to.

:)

Aug 5, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #135 of 212
Here is the current exhibitor list:

Exhibitors
1More
Advanced
Astell+Kern
Audeze
Cardas Audio
Cayin
Century Stereo
Echobox Audio
Final Audio
Focal
Headamp
JDS Labs
Little Labs
Meze Audio
Modular Ears
MrSpeakers
Noble Audio
Periodic Audio
Questyle Audio
Rupert Neve Designs
Sonoma Acoustics
Taction Technology
Woo Audio
ZMF Headphones

In addition to these, I will be hosting a table with products from 64 Audio (Tia Fourte), Campfire Audio (Andromeda), Chord Electronics (Hugo 2/TT), Donald North Audio (Stratus), Focal (Utopia), Hifiman (Susvara, RE2000).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back