Too many new DAPs etc
Jan 29, 2014 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ExpatinJapan

Headphoneus Supremus
I dont know about the rest of you, but I cant keep up with all the threads these days.

When I joined head-fi I thought I had come in late, but it appears not.

the Hifiman 801, cypherlabs solo and fiio E5 were all products then, rockbox was paraded about, imod still just got a mention so did  the sansa clip.

Now there are so many IEMs, DAPs and portable amps its hard to keep up.

Luckily I dont have upgrade-ism these days, ......although the perfect DAP would be welcome. Haha.

How about you guys?

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 8
That's why I switched to borrowing and reviewing. I got into IEMs late in the game, but I'm pretty settled on the Parterres for the moment. A basically good DAP to use them with is what I'm after, though I've sold my AK100 for the moment, I did like it.

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #3 of 8
I have sold my AK120, Tera, DX100. I did buy the NW-ZX1 so now I have that & the HM-901. I'm even wondering if I wanna sell the HM-901 even. Kinda consolidating to the NW-ZX1 only.

The other SAPs interest me but I'm seeing a technology in flux (& I don't mean general progression but more like a leap). So would like to see that stabilise to a more linear improvement rather than the big step I see at the moment.

BTW, with the X5 & NW-ZX1 I'm seriously wondering how the higher ended brands are going to try to justify their prices.

Feb 6, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #5 of 8
I've been very happy with my ZX1 as well. It's like they took the best aspects of my Android phone and combined them with the best aspects of my previous stand-alone DAPs. Being able to run Spotify is such a huge plus for me, and the hardware buttons work with it too!

May 12, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #6 of 8
Ah, getting more and more cross eyed whenever I open the portable source forum, so many good threads, so many options. I can`t keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back