Watts Up...?
Apr 28, 2024 at 10:47 PM Post #4,666 of 4,669
{Thanks Rob. I also believe depth of the image is very underappreciated in the headfi scene. It seems to me most enthusiasts place a lot more importance on width with many even prefer artificially flat/wide one.

Having spent too much time reading on various headfi forums I am so tired of folks repeating cliche commentaries that are either oversimplying things, don't really understanding what they hear, or just flat out wrong. Some of my pet peeves include:

1. More depth = narrow soundstage = no separation
2. Less fatigue = roll off treble = dark
3. More resolution = more treble = bright
4. Less distortion = cold/analytical = thin
5. More instrument power = not focused = poor imaging
6. More neutral = flat = unemotional

It is one thing when someone state he or she "prefer" a certain attribute (I love me some tube distortion too!), but I just hate it when these subjective preferences are being described as objective rules or facts.

It is really refreshing to have you spending time to share your experience in how our brain perceive audio cues and how these cues (or lack of) affect pisitively or negatively our enjoyment of music. I would love to see a follow up on more details, or even a HOWTO guide, in setting up proper listening tests.}

All that to say - ditch the 'phones and get yourself some uber-expensive speaker system and an aucistically modified room/hall as a siund lounge.
I feel my wallet thinning and my bank accounr terminally rupturing.....

Attachments

• 1714358931331.png
    1714358931331.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #4,667 of 4,669
Oh I just thought this. Forthose who have purchased Hugo 2, Hugo TT2 and/or the M-Scaler did you get silver or black and wha are your thoughts on them. I am leaning toward silver for something a different but open to black as well. Just curious.
I went with black for it's better staging and instrument separation😂 Just kidding, it was the colour they had in stock. I'd try to keep them matching if buying multiple parts. I wouldn't bet against someone identifying sonic differences between the colours though!

Apr 29, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #4,668 of 4,669
I decide the color for each device. Hugo I liked Silver. Hugo 2 I got in black because of the black plastic parts. M scaler silver, Dave black. Will see about Quartett😁

May 3, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #4,669 of 4,669

Actually, he proves he can distinguish two different reconstruction filters successfully, on the same DAC amp.
Never the less, it is significant.
I would praise him for his thoroughness, and his efforts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back