Weight Lifters Fi
Dec 31, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #121 of 127
So I've only taken it about 3 diff times since I first posted about using it...I just don't like the headaches, its killer for me.

Went ahead and ordered the Body Fortress whey protein shots...they come in portable tubes, premixed, 26g of protein, no sugar...6 tubes/$10 box, bought 3 boxes, I plan on lifting about 3 times a week, so it should be a months supply. Also got some Amino Energy for the pre-workout, watermelon flavor, has the least amount of color dyes out of all the flavors. Should make me less jittery and less headaches, supposed to have less caffeine

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #122 of 127
Do you need big, strong legs for cycling? Leg presses would also work.

I ride about four hours a day on road bikes. I think a little leg press is OK, Depending how your legs feel should be the determining factor. Also the strange thing about cycling is, you can touch the side of your leg and it should feel sore even though you have not ridden for a day. This is why every two weeks I take two full days off. To fully recover from everything.

Bikes do a total number on your legs!
Imagine then putting strength traing presses and squats into the duty your legs have for recovery. Your legs should get super big just from the bike. Look at any truly advanced biker and see their legs.

Interesting though walking works a more complete workout for the legs than a bike. On a bike the stress is on only a few areas. At one point in my life I could do 900 Ibs on the leg press due to cycle legs. So ya, I would think any person taking the time to put in the miles on a bike is going to have spectacular legs.

I'm now doing the gym every other day. What they used to say about weight gains being small due to too much cardio is simply not true. At my age, just due to eating a ton, and getting serious about the gym, I'm now getting bigger than I have ever been, combined with being on a bike four hours a day.

Still I almost don' work my legs much at the gym, they are too sore.:mad:

Sep 12, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #123 of 127
If you predominantly go heavy with leg presses, you're only going to slim down those big muscles if you start cycling. Calf muscles will become stronger though.

Sep 13, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #124 of 127
  If you predominantly go heavy with leg presses, you're only going to slim down those big muscles if you start cycling. Calf muscles will become stronger though.

Yeah i second this... long term bicyclists have skinny legs compared to a proper bodybuilder... yet they have almost as much strength in the legs, or more, really depends on the person.

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #125 of 127

I have a feeling this stuff is going to kill me.
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #126 of 127
Old thread that is dead it seems, trying to bump.

I do think its way more normal with weight lifting in 2023 than last post here in 2023.
Some sort of physical activity is needed for a long happy life IMO. 💪💯

Feb 11, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #127 of 127
Did train for a contest in RAW powerlifting 7 years ago, and had a sudden accident ripping half the brachialis.

First two years ago I had the passion to start again, focused on home training with some weights. Been back 4 months at the gym now, and never felt better. Helped me loose all the weight that followed after the accident, down around 40kg and exchanged lots of fat with muscle.

The brachialis is still a thing I need to take into the afterthought, so the heavy powerlifting is out. Can still do the same lifts but focus more on building muscle than getting strong as fu__.

Also love cardio, love to run in the hills or wood. Or just use the road bike for some long trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back