Which one should i get?
Nov 25, 2023 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Slazyel

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, which of those seems to be the better for the price paid? Sadly where i live the prices are huge so i will have to choose between one of those.

I will mainly use it for music listening (rock, metal, pop) and gaming.

Brand New Products (2 year warranty):
Sennheiser HD 660S: $560
Sennheiser HD 600: $445
Sennheiser HD 560S: $260

Used Products (no warranty):
Hifiman Ananda Stealth V2: $440
Sennheiser HD 6XX: $330

Nov 25, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #2 of 18
In all honesty, the Ananda is a better headphone than all of the others.

That also represents the best value in that group.

Nov 25, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 18
Hi guys, which of those seems to be the better for the price paid? Sadly where i live the prices are huge so i will have to choose between one of those.

I will mainly use it for music listening (rock, metal, pop) and gaming.

Brand New Products (2 year warranty):
Sennheiser HD 660S: $560
Sennheiser HD 600: $445
Sennheiser HD 560S: $260

Sennheiser HD 6XX: $330
Have you heard any of them? Or do you have the option to listen to any of them before making a decision? If yes, then my recommendation is to listen as much as possible :)

I've used HiFiMAN for a while now, and also auditioned the Ananda Stealth, it's a great headphone for its price. An all around set, that does quite well for many things.
I've just gotten myself a set of Sennheiser's, the HD650. Listening to them right now.
They are a much more intimate experience than the HiFiMAN's. They lack the lowest bass in comparison, but they sound fantastic in the midrange. Way more rolled off in the treble, than the HM's, maybe that's a good thing for rock if you are a bit treble sensitive?

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 18
Have you heard any of them? Or do you have the option to listen to any of them before making a decision? If yes, then my recommendation is to listen as much as possible :)

I've used HiFiMAN for a while now, and also auditioned the Ananda Stealth, it's a great headphone for its price. An all around set, that does quite well for many things.
I've just gotten myself a set of Sennheiser's, the HD650. Listening to them right now.
They are a much more intimate experience than the HiFiMAN's. They lack the lowest bass in comparison, but they sound fantastic in the midrange. Way more rolled off in the treble, than the Ham's, maybe that's a good thing for rock if you are a bit treble sensitive?
I had the 560s and 660s in the past. Really liked them. Didt not test the others. Curious about the Ananda and HD600

Nov 26, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #6 of 18
I had the 560s and 660s in the past. Really liked them. Didt not test the others. Curious about the Ananda and HD600
What amp are you using? The ananda and hd600 are very different in what makes them sing. I prefer the hd600 by a huge margin, but running from OTL or other tube amps.

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #8 of 18
In all honesty, the Ananda is a better headphone than all of the others.

That also represents the best value in that group.
Imo if he's listening to rock and metal the ananda will be too bright / harsh on the top end. Sennheiser much better suited to these genres. EQ is one way out of it if the ananda was the choice. I've owned both the ananda and HD660S. The sennheiser's were more laid back and mellow with a golden midrange compared to the energetic, lively and forward hifiman which excel in soundstage and micro-detail while having a "wall of sound" approach to the tuning.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #9 of 18
after some research i also found the HD 6XX (used) and the Hifiman Ananda Stealth V3 (used)

So, i am mainly deciding between the HD 600 for $445, the used HD 6XX for $220 or the Hifiman Ananda Stealth V3 for $ 450.

I fear the QC from Hifiman so i'm leaning towards the Sennheiser HD 600, but would like to know what you guys think. If it got better i could give it a try.

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #10 of 18
Imo if he's listening to rock and metal the ananda will be too bright / harsh on the top end. Sennheiser much better suited to these genres. EQ is one way out of it if the ananda was the choice. I've owned both the ananda and HD660S. The sennheiser's were more laid back and mellow with a golden midrange compared to the energetic, lively and forward hifiman which excel in soundstage and micro-detail while having a "wall of sound" approach to the tuning.
Well a few things about the Sennheiser 6 series. Resolution, stage, speed, air, sparkle, extension, bass, texture, the Ananda is superior in all of those categories.

The bass is just anemic in all of the 6 series by comparison, it has very narrow stage, very poor extension on both ends.

Im not sure the Sennheiser models listed are better at anything vs the Ananda. It's not really comparable imo.

I'm not a fanboy or hater, I'm just being honest.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #11 of 18
after some research i also found the HD 6XX (used) and the Hifiman Ananda Stealth V3 (used)

So, i am mainly deciding between the HD 600 for $445, the used HD 6XX for $220 or the Hifiman Ananda Stealth V3 for $ 450.

I fear the QC from Hifiman so i'm leaning towards the Sennheiser HD 600, but would like to know what you guys think. If it got better i could give it a try.
I don't listen to metal, but for rock, I like how the HD6 series brings forward the guitar. Lit of emphasis and focus on it, more so than with my HiFiMAN's. If you like to listen a bit loud, the rolled off treble can also be nice, and I feel that suits rock quite well.
I haven't heard the HD600 yet, so can't comment on 600 vs 6xx/650.

For the price and your taste, and if you can live with the downsides, I think the Sennheiser might be the better choice for your taste :)

Dec 1, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #12 of 18
Im not sure the Sennheiser models listed are better at anything vs the Ananda. It's not really comparable imo.
I second that. Have only had HD600 and Ananda stealth though.

Why used with no warranty for $440 if you can get new with warranty for $399 from hifiman?

This is a no-brainer imo.

P.S. I am also selling a like-new HD600 here on head-fi if you're in EU.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #13 of 18
Why used with no warranty for $440 if you can get new with warranty for $399 from hifiman?
If the OP is from inside EU, the total cost of a new set will be significantly more than $440 once shipping, tax and VAT is added. Could be the reason to consider used for $440.

Dec 1, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #14 of 18
If the OP is from inside EU
Good for him :D, I have an HD600 for half of the price stated also in the EU

the total cost of a new set will be significantly more than $440 once shipping, tax and VAT is added.
For EU customers, HifiMan ship from the Poland warehouse, so shipping is the only added cost. Albeit pretty substantial - I paid $46 shipping to Latvia. Which brings us to $445 :)

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #15 of 18
Good for him :D, I have an HD600 for half of the price stated also in the EU

For EU customers, HifiMan ship from the Poland warehouse, so shipping is the only added cost. Albeit pretty substantial - I paid $46 shipping to Latvia. Which brings us to $445 :)
Yeah, if they have it in Stock in Poland, it's all good. But the times I've asked them, they often don't have much stock in Poland :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back