Why I think ZMF is the best headphone company in the world.
Nov 25, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #46 of 54
Really great overall. I don't have any complaints. In my main listening station I use the Viva Egoista 845 now, and it's the best amp I've ever heard. Expensive, but imo worth every penny, especially if you have a supporting high end source. The Woo is a great runner up. Different flavors for different moods.

Woo is a bit bassier, Viva is more realistic.
Sweet! I have the WA-23 and ultimately liked it more than the WA-33, but just a smidge. Different flavors between those two for sure too. Seems like you've got a huge collection, not just ZMF, and I was just thinking today the amps I have are so good for all my headphones in different ways, as I would imagine yours are for your headphones too.

Nov 25, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #47 of 54
Sweet! I have the WA-23 and ultimately liked it more than the WA-33, but just a smidge. Different flavors between those two for sure too. Seems like you've got a huge collection, not just ZMF, and I was just thinking today the amps I have are so good for all my headphones in different ways, as I would imagine yours are for your headphones too.
That's what I was ultimately going for, were amps that would work well on anything. I usually spend a long time researching things before I buy them, especially on the more expensive purchases.

I'm thinning down the collection a bit. Getting rid of items I don't listen to as often. The ZMF sets are my go to, to me they just sound right. I may go for the DCA Stealth at some point, the final d8000, Stax 009, and Yamaha but we shall see. Right now I want to round out some of the ZMF collection and get some additional LTD sets. They are just so pretty, even when I'm not listening to them I enjoy looking at them.

The ultimate goal is to have a series of each for each color. Kind of like how artists go through certain color periods. The blue period, the green period, the red period etc 😂

Nov 25, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #48 of 54
That's what I was ultimately going for, were amps that would work well on anything. I usually spend a long time researching things before I buy them, especially on the more expensive purchases.

I'm thinning down the collection a bit. Getting rid of items I don't listen to as often. The ZMF sets are my go to, to me they just sound right. I may go for the DCA Stealth at some point, the final d8000, Stax 009, and Yamaha but we shall see. Right now I want to round out some of the ZMF collection and get some additional LTD sets. They are just so pretty, even when I'm not listening to them I enjoy looking at them.

The ultimate goal is to have a series of each for each color. Kind of like how artists go through certain color periods. The blue period, the green period, the red period etc 😂
Ha, very nice! I just got some headphones during this ZMF November run and I'm feeling very grateful for what I was able to get. First time owning a Caldera and Atrium Closed (I bought two - one in the softer walnut wood and another that's stabilized) and got another Atrium as well. Can't wait to set aside some time and really dive in to listen when they arrive.

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #49 of 54

I've got them couple of months back after an earlier demo and, after a long weekend listening at home in my chain, returned them.

They are superbly engineered and built, but simply weren't too enjoyable for me. They come wtih two pads: the lamb were waaay too forward (mids were outright in my ears) and the sueded were waaay too recessed (anemic). Some folks compared them to the HD800s. I think the 800s are better...

The D8k Pro Limited, in specific, is really great. Don't have it, but demo-ed it and almost bought it (passed on it simply as I had too many other headphones doing what it does that). It's wonderful, and there are quite a few on the classifieds (new aren't sold anymore I think).

love your choice of amps!

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #50 of 54
Yes, I plan on updating it soon. Been busy with work and family lately, but it's coming soon. Lots of people been asking about it.
At work I was watching unboxing videos as I eagerly wait for my ZMF pairs to arrive. I ended up watching a unboxing video on stumbled upon yours. I was thinking as soon I saw your shelf I wish he had a full tour of all his audio gear and lil behold I stumbled upon this post.

Truly touching story regarding your custom made headphones. The headphones came out amazing! Your Collection inspired me to start ZMF collection for myself. I'm aiming for a all green!

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #51 of 54
I've got them couple of months back after an earlier demo and, after a long weekend listening at home in my chain, returned them.

They are superbly engineered and built, but simply weren't too enjoyable for me. They come wtih two pads: the lamb were waaay too forward (mids were outright in my ears) and the sueded were waaay too recessed (anemic). Some folks compared them to the HD800s. I think the 800s are better...

The D8k Pro Limited, in specific, is really great. Don't have it, but demo-ed it and almost bought it (passed on it simply as I had too many other headphones doing what it does that). It's wonderful, and there are quite a few on the classifieds (new aren't sold anymore I think).

love your choice of amps!
Thank you for the feedback. I do plan on demoing as many as I can first, as I am in no hurry. It's really to increase the "what mood should I reach for" factor of the wall at this point. I'm truly blessed to be in a position to have so many, and wish others the same success in their collecting goals.

Funny enough, I have never heard an hd800 but it's on the list. I've heard good things about it.

I imagine the Yamaha is kind of like the Susvara, in that there is so much engineering they engineered out the soul of the sound. Music is more than just 1's and 0's, at its core it's emotional. People would argue with me, but many of the high resolving headphones I find boring. Abyss, Susvara, etc. It's like a crazy hot woman that only talks about politics and likes it one way. After a while, the admiration fades away.

Utopia is a bit different because it's so intense, but it's not something I feel like listening to for hours on end. And that's ok, each person has their own taste.

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #52 of 54
At work I was watching unboxing videos as I eagerly wait for my ZMF pairs to arrive. I ended up watching a unboxing video on stumbled upon yours. I was thinking as soon I saw your shelf I wish he had a full tour of all his audio gear and lil behold I stumbled upon this post.

Truly touching story regarding your custom made headphones. The headphones came out amazing! Your Collection inspired me to start ZMF collection for myself. I'm aiming for a all green!
I wish you the best in your collecting journey! Make sure to post pictures along the way. Funny you mentioning green as I am starting to eyeball a few green sets as well.

Yes, they turned out fantastic. Better than I had hoped. The best looking sets in my entire collection, made even more special because of what they were made from. I really can't thank Zach and team enough. It goes beyond just simple service, and into the realm of "right on bro" territory. 😂

It really is a genius business model. Truly smart as hell. I mean, how many other headphone companies would you buy two of the same model of? Or multiples of the same models across the range. I've never done that with any manufacturer other than ZMF.

Nov 26, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #53 of 54
I wish you the best in your collecting journey! Make sure to post pictures along the way. Funny you mentioning green as I am starting to eyeball a few green sets as well.

Yes, they turned out fantastic. Better than I had hoped. The best looking sets in my entire collection, made even more special because of what they were made from. I really can't thank Zach and team enough. It goes beyond just simple service, and into the realm of "right on bro" territory. 😂

It really is a genius business model. Truly smart as hell. I mean, how many other headphone companies would you buy two of the same model of? Or multiples of the same models across the range. I've never done that with any manufacturer other than ZMF.
Thanks! I remember responding to you in the ZMF November thread. My initial plan was to buy a Caldera only.....Well.... 3am last night lead to curiosity.. ended up buying a AC as well :sweat_smile: I think they'll compliment the Caldera very well. I was planning on buying one sometime next year. W/ the B stock price and just overall look I knew deep down I regret not taking the opportunity.

I agree w/ you 100%. Zach has forged a extremely unique business and team. Def earned me as a customer in the long run. Him and his team are all genuinely easy to get along and so friendly from my brief exp at CamJam

""Funny you mentioning green as I am starting to eyeball a few green sets as well."

Ohhh a lil competition amongst fellow enthusiast makes the "order successful" appear on the screen just ever more sweeter. When i didnt get the Banff I hella gunned straight for KingKiller it was such a huge relief to get my #2 pick. But luckily for everyone I feel like there's so much great opportunities throughout the year to snag a pair that catches our attention eventually :beerchug:.

this is the AC I bought.

1700979857016.png

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #54 of 54
The late night browsing missions lead to many purchases. Been there plenty of times lol. Congratulations on the purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back