4 Audio Sources via USB to 8 AMPs , Help needed!
May 18, 2024 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chrisyak

Head-Fier
I need help finding a USB switcher or selector.here is what I plan to do with it.

So I want to use my main PC, Eversolo Streamer, SmartPhone & Extra source for Reviewing new equivalent.

Here is the chain:

4x Sources Connected via USB into>

A USB Switcher Device or USB selector Device>

Would go out via USB to 6-8 DAC/Amp combos.

The point of this is to be able to use different sources on different DAC/Amp combos. These amp/DAC combos will be reviewed or used for testing/reviewing different headphones.

I need help finding a switcher or selector. Most seem to only be used for USB devices to be shared with PC's. I want to be able to select which source I want to use and also which amp/DAC combo. That may seem like too much to ask from my search.

Thoughts Ideas or switchers, selectors, hubs, matrix's you think may work?

I appreciate the help. I think I've oversearched it all night long and now I can't seem to see anything that'll work. I probably just need a few new fresh set of eyes on to help me.

Thanks in advance.

May 19, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #2 of 5
Can't you do this by cascading multiple 2-into-1 USB switches? You'd need a bunch of them and the whole setup would be a bit complicated to use, but it would get the job done.

May 19, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 5
Can't you do this by cascading multiple 2-into-1 USB switches? You'd need a bunch of them and the whole setup would be a bit complicated to use, but it would get the job done.
Problem is it wouldn't allow you to choose all of the sources. What I want is almost like an analog switcher. If I want to use Source 1 I just go and select Source 1 and that feeds it to the back of my choice. It is a rather complicated request I have but I figure I can't be the only one that has ever done this or needs to do this. I would imagine pro audio equipment probably has something for this but I don't know. It seems. I'm looking for equipment that's probably above my head and not in my vocabulary.

I mean it's realistically just four USB cables in and eight USB cables out. You select the in and you select the out.

May 19, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 5
I mean it's realistically just four USB cables in and eight USB cables out. You select the in and you select the out.

I'm not saying it's pretty, but it would work:
20240519_235608.jpg

May 20, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm not saying it's pretty, but it would work:
20240519_235608.jpg

I may end up having to go that route if I don't find some better equipment but I figure there's got to be something out there I'm not Reinventing the wheel here. I feel like potentially I am not looking for the correct piece of equipment or need to be looking at pro audio equipment DJ's Studio stuff that might be easier to work and control.

I'm going to have a Rat's Nest of cabling already but at least if I can make it some type of organized one it would be great.

I want to pick source 4 and dac 3, it becomes complicated. Then if I want to test Source 1 and back 7. That would become Uber complicated. I haven't even hooked up the headphones yet and it's making me scratch my head....lol...

Thanks for the diagram I did my own Windows paint kindergarten version with some really poor cabling....lol

I didn't even dare to add in the analog switcher between amps and the wiring between that. It would just make somebody cry.

Attachments

• autodraw 5_19_2024.png
    autodraw 5_19_2024.png
    404.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back