Focal Hadenys & Azurys Review & Measurements
May 18, 2024 at 5:03 AM Post #136 of 189
This Hadenys looks really something. I will try to listen them in a french store near to me soon
Do you guys think that Mojo 2 could be a great pairing with them ?
Yes. Mojo 2 pairs well with all Focals tbh.

May 18, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #137 of 189
The only concerns I have with Azurys and Hadenys is the cup size compared to bulkier older Focals.
I hate headphones with cups that touch my ears.

This is especially important for Azurys whose usability in public places rely entirely on passive isolation so the seal must be perfect.

I can't remember if I tried Bathys or not at last year Paris Audio show, as they have the same earcups size.

May 20, 2024 at 5:09 AM Post #138 of 189
Hi. I'm hesitant about Azuris. For me, closed ones are a better choice. My wife sleeps next to me and I can listen to music.
I'm only afraid of one thing. You write that Hadenys play cleaner in the middle or top.
Has anyone had Focal Spirit One S or Focal Spirit Classic headphones?
I had both.
They played identically. According to the reviews, One S had a 3dB boost in bass, and the Classic had it perfectly even.
I didn't hear any difference in purity between them or any different timbre of the music.
The difference is only the more delicate bass in the Classic.

I don't know what to expect from Azuris. I thought it would be the same here. The rest of the timbre is the same, the Hadenys has an even sound, the Azurys has a slightly stronger bass

May 20, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #139 of 189
Hi. I'm hesitant about Azuris. For me, closed ones are a better choice. My wife sleeps next to me and I can listen to music.
I'm only afraid of one thing. You write that Hadenys play cleaner in the middle or top.
Has anyone had Focal Spirit One S or Focal Spirit Classic headphones?
I had both.
They played identically. According to the reviews, One S had a 3dB boost in bass, and the Classic had it perfectly even.
I didn't hear any difference in purity between them or any different timbre of the music.
The difference is only the more delicate bass in the Classic.

I don't know what to expect from Azuris. I thought it would be the same here. The rest of the timbre is the same, the Hadenys has an even sound, the Azurys has a slightly stronger bass
I had spirit pro and classic before. The pro is completely neutral and classic is a little smooth and laid back. To me both models have strong clamp when you put on, and medium to small ear cups. Both are almost on ear instead over ear to my ears. That's why I love the design of Azurys. It's foldable, include the case, lighter and more comfortable. I expect azurys will sound similar to classic tuning with a more details and bass. Hadeneys will be completely neutral similar to pro models.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #140 of 189
I had spirit pro and classic before. The pro is completely neutral and classic is a little smooth and laid back. To me both models have strong clamp when you put on, and medium to small ear cups. Both are almost on ear instead over ear to my ears. That's why I love the design of Azurys. It's foldable, include the case, lighter and more comfortable. I expect azurys will sound similar to classic tuning with a more details and bass. Hadeneys will be completely neutral similar to pro models.
There’s no such thing as completely neutral. They are tuned very closely to the modern Harman target, which is simply a target based upon majority user preference. It is not the only target nor the only preference curve. And it is also not even the same target that Harman established a few years ago.

All that said, the frequency response of both of these new models looks really good for my preferences!

May 21, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #142 of 189
Ended up ordering the Hadenys as the low weight and good bass level, for an open back, along with the general frequency response was just too tempting. Pretty much all open back headphones I have are pretty anemic in the lower bass regions and need the volume to be cranked a bit to get decent bass. Hopefully the Hadenys delivers solid bass definition at 65-70db listening volume.

I also find 400+ gram headphones tiring for listening sessions above 2-3 hours. E.g. when working from home for 8 hours I often reach for some of my lighter headphones so the ~300g was a big selling point for me.

May 21, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #143 of 189
Hadenys ordered too.

These headphones are exactly what I'm looking for. Excellent sound for the price (or more), light, comfortable and portable, with textile earpads (ideal for the summer to come). Open-air headphones with a sound that's a little atypical of Focal (which I've never experienced before), with interesting subs and treble.
For me, the choice was obvious, the Hadenys was more in line with what I'm looking for, listening at home while allowing me to be alert to surrounding noise at times if need be, while maintaining a listening quality that seems to be pretty excellent (according to people's first impressions here and on Youtube).

Can't wait to get this to share first impressions before the big burn-in phase.

I was lucky enough to get the KA1-TC DAC for an extra €1 when I ordered it, so that's a nice little bonus that will complete my impressions on the Chord Mojo 2.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #144 of 189
To me I am sure I will order Azurys for travelling. But I am not convinced to order Hadenys at home since I already have 2 high end open backs. Although they all sound fantastic, weight could be one factor. But nothing else I can imagine now. Also curious to see how Hadenys compare to meze 109 pro.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #146 of 189
I honestly think the weight and size will make both of these cans a hit. When you get used to comfortable light headphones its hard to go back, it makes such a difference
I agree, I got spoiled with the 210g R70x and personally now 350g~ is pretty much my limit. 300g~ or less is my ideal. 400g+ is just too much for me even if the weight distribution is good.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #147 of 189
Received my pair today, so far I'm quite pleased!

First impressions:

- Insanely light! They dissapear when worn, truly impressive! It does make them feel cheaper to the touch but that's okay.

- Materials are fine. This new fabric feels slightly rough when handled, and I don't like how it sounds when the 2 pads are touching each others. But when worn it doesn't bother me and it's more breathable. Would've still preferred the leather and alcantara from the Bathys. Rest is identical to the Bathys, pads should be easily swappable between both.

- Isolation isn't great, same for sound leakage. Slightly worse than the Bathys for the latter. Very light clamp pressure, they're not gonna stay on your head if you move too much.

- I do not have a single ended balanced cable, best I could do is use one side of my double mono balanced and it did work on one side. I don't really think it means anything but yeah.

- Sound wise I'm truly impressed! Sound signature is a bit too neutral for my tastes but they seem to handle EQ quite well! I've pushed them really high to find any clipping and there was nothing. Unlike the Bathys, it can also handle a good amount of bass before distorting, that was the main reason why I didn't keep the Bathys and it shows that those drivers are more than capable, the DSP is just too restricting.

So far they still seem to retain that Focal soul and the insane dynamics, albeit with a more neutral signature. I'd take the Azurys over the Elegia any day of the week, and a good argument could be made compared to the Celestee. However, I do think the Radiance edges it, those drivers simply have more space to move and play with and the materials are a significant jump (ignoring the design flaws). But at this point it says more about how strong this little Azurys is, to be compared with the second highest in Focal's closed back lineup. You could get both the Hadenys and Azurys for less than a Radiance at MSRP, and I don't think the fancy materials will be enough to justify that gap for most.

1000085163.jpg

May 22, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #148 of 189
Love it.

My Azurys are en route. I'm going to compare them directly to the Bathys and maybe the Celestee if I have time, will post a comparison for prospective buyers. For me the big question is whether someone should just get a Bathys or these, looking forward to finding out.

Also FinalAd I see you have a stelliance. Which brings up a very interesting possibility, what if Stellia drivers can be put in the Azurys? That would be incredible performance in such a tiny package.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #150 of 189
@FinalAd thanks for the feedback
I'm tempted to try these to give my ears a rest with IEMs times to times.
But I'm concerned about sound leakage. I'm working in a quite office and it will be an issue...
Also you say they are too neutral for your taste . What are your daily driver ?

Thanks
I like the direction theyve gone with the pads, more Airpod Max like and Im sure breathable, but I'd bet you could pad swap with Bathys and potentially get better isolation. I'll try it when they get here. I'll compare isolation to Airpods Max too with ANC just for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back