Having trouble choosing between 2 IEMs
Apr 26, 2021 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Macrophage23

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I am very new here, to the forum and to the audiophile world. So I have a short but unlucky journey so far. I own the FiiO FH5, ThieAudio Monarch, and InEar SD-5. The Monarch unexpectedly broke (bass gone in one ear) after 2 weeks of use, so it's in repair. In the meantime, I went to buy another IEM. I settled for the InEar Promission X, it sounded amazing. However, there was a mixup and I was actually sold the InEar SD-5, felt something was off but the box checked out and so I thought my mind is playing tricks on me. Later I saw the inscription on the shell, it wasn't the PMX. So now the seller apologized profusely and will supply the PMX instead. However... I've been thinking, another IEM that sounds spectacular on paper is the 64 Audio U12t (and also the Nio). But unfortunately, I can't demo those, they don't sell them where I live. Has anybody tried both the PMX and the U12t and/or the Nio? Could you give me a nice comparative opinion please? These are all within a similar price range, although the PMX is a bit more expensive.

Thank you very much in advance.

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back