Audio-Gd R-28 impressions thread
May 18, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #1,741 of 1,782
Ok good luck selling it for almost a new price thenšŸ‘
What is your deal? I am interested in neither your know it all unsolicited advice nor your snark. Selling a $1399 product for $1000 is not a new price. Thatā€™s what most people call discounted and a used price. Thereā€™s another used model just like mine just with a box on Audiogon for $1200.

If you donā€™t agree or if you have another idea Iā€™d really love it if you minded your own business and kept it to yourself.

Iā€™m in conversations right now with customers at this price sorting our shipping and answering questions so really your ideas just are not aligned with the reality Iā€™m experiencing.

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #1,742 of 1,782
Selling audio gear these days just sucks.
Sold mine R28 from 2020 for 650ā‚¬ā€¦

When I started the hobby, it was so easy -> bought headphones, listened, didn't like them, sold them.
Same with amps and DACs.
Sometimes it took less than 24 hours, and I always met nice people.
This is easy. Iā€™m in conversation with a few people on Audiogon right now in selling this R28NOS. Itā€™ll be gone by Monday. Iā€™ve been at this game for a long while. Iā€™m very familiar with what youā€™re mentioning. Iā€™ve got a great system.

May 18, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #1,743 of 1,782
What is your deal? I am interested in neither your know it all unsolicited advice nor your snark. Selling a $1399 product for $1000 is not a new price. Thatā€™s what most people call discounted and a used price. Thereā€™s another used model just like mine just with a box on Audiogon for $1200.

If you donā€™t agree or if you have another idea Iā€™d really love it if you minded your own business and kept it to yourself.

Iā€™m in conversations right now with customers at this price sorting our shipping and answering questions so really your ideas just are not aligned with the reality Iā€™m experiencing.
FB5B9C5E-5C33-48FD-ADCD-99DDE81BF529.jpeg

Just trying to helpšŸ‘

May 18, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #1,746 of 1,782
I don't undersand why there's no review online about this product
Kingwa would have to pay reviewers, he doesn't do it. Cost of advertising is added to a price you pay. You get the best value as it is now.

May 21, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #1,747 of 1,782
What do folks recommend as an upgrade to R28NOS? I could sell for about $1000 USD, and apply that towards a new all in one unit, or separate units. Or, I could add to R28NOS. What are your suggestions? I am driving JMA XTC (high sensitivity dynamic driver headphones) but imagine adding a planar magnetic in the future.

May 22, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #1,749 of 1,782
Try a DDC, such as D24He or D20He (used) which connects between your source and the R28. One of the best connection methods between the above mentioned DDC & AudioGD DAC is using a short IIS (hdmi) cable.
I not too long ago tried DI-20HE and DI-24HE with the R28, and tldr the R-28 doesnt really need a ddc, you're just getting a different presentation on sound, DI-20HE has a open presentation and a tiny touch of lean, while the DI-24HE its less warm and a tiny touch on sterile and lean. IMO if @Daniel4IEM wants to upgrade he should consider R-27 2021 or the latest R-27Mk2,RE or HE. The R-27 benefits a lot with a DDC while the R-28 Is completely fine without one, you're just getting a different presentation.

I have yet to try Holo audio cyan 2 or Denafrips offering so there's that but Im very happy with my R-28 and I have no plans to upgrade DAC in a very long time, Unless I can demo R-27HE and get it for a steal :stuck_out_tongue:

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #1,750 of 1,782
Try a DDC, such as D24He or D20He (used).
Would love to hear impressions on how the sound will change/ improve with DDC.
I not too long ago tried DI-20HE and DI-24HE with the R28, and tldr the R-28 doesnt really need a ddc, you're just getting a different presentation on sound, DI-20HE has a open presentation and a tiny touch of lean, while the DI-24HE its less warm and a tiny touch on sterile and lean. IMO if @Daniel4IEM wants to upgrade he should consider R-27 2021 or the latest R-27Mk2,RE or HE. The R-27 benefits a lot with a DDC while the R-28 Is completely fine without one, you're just getting a different presentation.

I have yet to try Holo audio cyan 2 or Denafrips offering so there's that but Im very happy with my R-28 and I have no plans to upgrade DAC in a very long time, Unless I can demo R-27HE and get it for a steal :stuck_out_tongue:
awesome info

May 23, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #1,751 of 1,782
awesome info
Not really, it is ā€œjustā€ an opinion. Useless for you.

ā€œjustā€ a different presentation can mean a world of a difference to some.

ā€”-

The DI20 and DI20HE does not give a good presentation on poor source. Source needs to be real good

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #1,752 of 1,782
Would love to hear impressions on how the sound will change/ improve with DDC.

awesome info
My impression of the changes is likely limited by my systems' bottlenecks and may not be yours. However, for a general change, you may want to read the topic on Di20 and get a general idea of how others who has the unit expressed their opinions and their comparisons to other DDCs.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audio-gd-di-20.918123/

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #1,753 of 1,782

Hey man, I am seriously thinking about buying this thing (r28nos) to use with arya stealth and I would like your impressions if you don't mind, I am very curious about soundstage does it pushes the sound away from your ears ?also interested in dynamics (specially in bass), the presentation also, ( they say it's very "natural") also curious if you noticed any frequency bumps? I heard audio gd housesound is mostly on the warmer side. I wish you a good one! bye

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #1,754 of 1,782
Hey man, I am seriously thinking about buying this thing (r28nos) and I would like your impressions if you don't mind, I am very curious about soundstage does it pushes the sound away from your ears ?also interested in dynamics (specially in bass), the presentation also, ( they say it's very "natural") also curious if you noticed any frequency bumps? I heard audio gd housesound is mostly on the warmer side. I wish you a good one! bye

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #1,755 of 1,782
Hey man, I am seriously thinking about buying this thing (r28nos) to use with arya stealth and I would like your impressions if you don't mind, I am very curious about soundstage does it pushes the sound away from your ears ?also interested in dynamics (specially in bass), the presentation also, ( they say it's very "natural") also curious if you noticed any frequency bumps? I heard audio gd housesound is mostly on the warmer side. I wish you a good one! bye
Please take my take with a bucket of salt, Last time when I was trying around headphone for an suppose upgrade which I ending up getting speaker Audiovectors QR1 , from Ananda OG to 1k USD. 3 Headphones that caught my attention which were Audeze LCD-X , Arya Organic and Audeze MM-500, I didnt like arya stealth due to its treble spicyness but I did demo it along side 3 headphone I mention previously and yes all of those headphone were demoed with AGD R-28 2022 Ver which I own, AGD R2R11 MK2 Which I also own and AGD R-27 2021 which I dont own (shops demo unit).

As for the arya stealth with the R-28, I find the R-28 is a very fun, engaging, resolving and "in your face soundstage" but Its not push away from your ears nor too close to your face with near organic timber , However the R-28 is not as resolving as the R-27 and the 27 IMO is on the same level as the Chord Hugo TT2 (Preference between those 2)

For bass it kicks and slams with a lot of impact and most importantly its not boomy or bloated, soundstage wise again the R-28 is a very engaging, fun sounding and resolving DAC if you want a more neutral, open/wider soundstage and even better resolving capabilities sound Id rec R-27 2021 (if you have the means to get a DDC for R-27), For dynamics idk how to explain it but its very dynamic sound (I seriously don't know how to explain this hahaha). For arya stealth treble fatigue on the r-28 its a bit tiny present more unlike using r2r11mk2 with the warm filter on.

And yes most of AGD products tend to be a bit on the warmer side, unless you're trying out their AGD flagship like R-7HE Mk2, Master 9P and etc. I personally find AGD top end or flagships to be near flat neutral with that R2R goodness, but its not dead flat or as flat as chords offering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back