Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
May 18, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #5,161 of 5,212
I handed mine in for headband de-glueing about 5 weeks ago, got notice yesterday they are ready for pick-up, so I'll collect on Monday.

When returning them, the guy at the store said they've had several returns, and apparently according to him it was because they we're using some new environmentally friendly glue that breaks down prematurely.

This is in Sweden, so heat shouldn't be the issue 😅

May 18, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #5,162 of 5,212
I handed mine in for headband de-glueing about 5 weeks ago, got notice yesterday they are ready for pick-up, so I'll collect on Monday.

When returning them, the guy at the store said they've had several returns, and apparently according to him it was because they we're using some new environmentally friendly glue that breaks down prematurely.

This is in Sweden, so heat shouldn't be the issue 😅
Very prematurely in some cases, and the length of time to wait for a simple ten minute repair is not great service. The store has several returns suggests there is still quite a high failure rate. Why do B&W not come out with an explanation and offer some kind of reassurance?

May 18, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #5,164 of 5,212
Who knows? Out of spite perhaps, hi-fi nerds can be quite obnoxious after all 😁
Basic customer service keeps customers. Quite shocking really. Wouldn't it be great if we hear a few stories where people had great returns experiences? You would also think after all this time B&W would have possibly sourced an alternative adhesive with a substantially lower failure rate.

May 20, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #5,165 of 5,212
Went to pick the headphones up on my lunch break, and I got my old pair back. Headband is not replaced, but the original leather is glued back together rather sloppily.
Lots of glue residue on the adjustment arms, which was fairly easy to peel off, but I expected more at this price point. Next pair of headphones won't be B&W.

1000002104.jpg

May 20, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #5,166 of 5,212
Went to pick the headphones up on my lunch break, and I got my old pair back. Headband is not replaced, but the original leather is glued back together rather sloppily.
Lots of glue residue on the adjustment arms, which was fairly easy to peel off, but I expected more at this price point. Next pair of headphones won't be B&W.

1000002104.jpg

That sucks! I didn't bother getting my pair fixed, I just gave them to my spouse to use at home. I moved on to wireless in-ears (Aviot TE-ZX1) and they're better in every single way than the PX8 and only cost me couple of hundred euros. The PX8 really is bad for the price.

May 20, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #5,167 of 5,212

1000002104.jpg
The only possible good news here, is that B&W will most likely deep discount the PX-8’s. Unfortunately this shows a company struggling and they will need to generate cash soon…. I’m a fan and have bought many of their products, speakers, headphones and the amazing zeppelin…

May 20, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #5,168 of 5,212
The only possible good news here, is that B&W will most likely deep discount the PX-8’s. Unfortunately this shows a company struggling and they will need to generate cash soon…. I’m a fan and have bought many of their products, speakers, headphones and the amazing zeppelin…
I hope they’re not struggling. Revenue looks strong, at over 300 million dollars - about one mil per employee.

I think they had a fairly bad patch when they released the formation products (I may be totally wrong there) but im not sure they captured the market. Saw them discounted a lot.

Ultimately they made a choice to glue the headband and it appears some batches had low quality glue, but most are fine, as per Amazon reviews. And b&w happily repair or replace them where needed.

May 20, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #5,170 of 5,212
No, they definitely aren’t struggling. Also, the return rate and the failure rate on the PX8 is actually pretty low. I know everyone in the thread here seems to think that they are all failing but… They aren’t. I’m almost positive that they have calculated the risk reward of officially announcing that they have an issue with it and they don’t see enough returns to make it worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back