Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
May 18, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #6,436 of 6,488
I have the Chinese metal base and they are excellent. You have to burn them in for some time. The same for the E1148.
How long are we talking about for this burn in?

May 18, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #6,437 of 6,488
I would like to purchase the Sylvania brand of 22de4 tubes (minimum of 4) for my Cayin HA300Mk2 amp - do you know of a seller who I could contact?

Jeff.
check out richardson electronics; MOQ is 10 the last time i enquired. do remember to ask for sylvanias when you send your order

May 19, 2024 at 1:27 AM Post #6,438 of 6,488
Pitney-Bowes at the receiving side of Ebays global shippign have CONFISCATED the goods!

I got first hand experience with this, all tubes from GB cannot be shipped by GSP - the confiscated valves actually get resold by a 3rd party. Talked to several UK dealers as well, all have the same experience shipping out.

No exceptions with them, as an International buyer, Royal Mail and DHL are my only options if I want to get something from GB. Currency charges on refund stings, but the worst thing was seeing what I wanted to buy get resold!

May 19, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #6,439 of 6,488
Can ha300 run tungsten ds? Anyone try this combination?

May 19, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #6,440 of 6,488
May 19, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #6,441 of 6,488
Help please!
I turned my Cayin 300b mk2 on a few moments ago and was distracted. When i turned back, all the lights were out! I had changed the rectifiers for a new set so am assuming a bad 22de4. I have tried a new kettle lead, no power. I have checked the two fuses next to the 300b's both look like new.

1) Does anyone know if there is a fuse in the main rectifier unit?

2) Should the rectifier power box turn on without the umbilical-cord connected to the 300b unit? Im asking so i can trouble shoot the issue.

Thanks in advance!
Jon.

May 19, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #6,442 of 6,488
Help please!
I turned my Cayin 300b mk2 on a few moments ago and was distracted. When i turned back, all the lights were out! I had changed the rectifiers for a new set so am assuming a bad 22de4. I have tried a new kettle lead, no power. I have checked the two fuses next to the 300b's both look like new.

1) Does anyone know if there is a fuse in the main rectifier unit?

2) Should the rectifier power box turn on without the umbilical-cord connected to the 300b unit? Im asking so i can trouble shoot the issue.

Thanks in advance!
Jon.
In the back on the PS by the power cord connection. Do you have the manual?

Some power supplies are fine without a load and some not. I don't know about the PS for the 300B MKII. I am sure someone here does know.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #6,445 of 6,488
Bloody hell Jamato thank you! I couldnt see it "wood for the trees!" ... its definitely blown, just need to find where i put my spares LOL! Thanks again!
If you can't find the spares that came with the unit you can get a 20pk of very good basic BOJACK fuses off of Amazon for under $10 US.

May 19, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #6,446 of 6,488
In the back on the PS by the power cord connection. Do you have the manual?

Some power supplies are fine without a load and some not. I don't know about the PS for the 300B MKII. I am sure someone here does know.
How very odd. The fuse that was in the unit was the original. My assumption was that change of 22DE4 was the issue. There was NO issue?! The fuse simply blew.

SO i went back to original rectifiers and all wasfine (after changing fuse). I then rolled the new rectifiers in pairs until all 4 were back in. No issues.

Jamato, can a fuse become "old" as such? Thank you for your help, im back to audio bliss!!

May 19, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #6,447 of 6,488
How very odd. The fuse that was in the unit was the original. My assumption was that change of 22DE4 was the issue. There was NO issue?! The fuse simply blew.

SO i went back to original rectifiers and all wasfine (after changing fuse). I then rolled the new rectifiers in pairs until all 4 were back in. No issues.

Jamato, can a fuse become "old" as such? Thank you for your help, im back to audio bliss!!
Yes, they can fail over time. The endure current inrush over and over and will finally give out. This is not abnormal. You can put in a bigger fuse (don't) but then you don't have the safety of the fuse if a tube blows or some other part of the circuit, so never do this. Also, there are sensing circuits now, used in place of fuses, when allow for better current flow but not too many stereo companies are using them. LTA Audio has started using them but not too many others.

May 19, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #6,448 of 6,488

Use the ceramic sand filled fuses, (The amp uses slow blow) as they sound better IMO. And the cost is not exorbitant. There are ceramic (non glass) that are not sand filled so make sure they are. The sand stops any arcing after the fuse is blown but I get them because the sand also dampens the fuse element so it doesn't vibrate, which can affect the final sound. The PS is extremely important as everything is downstream from it.

May 19, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #6,449 of 6,488
Use the ceramic sand filled fuses, (The amp uses slow blow) as they sound better IMO. And the cost is not exorbitant. There are ceramic (non glass) that are not sand filled so make sure they are. The sand stops any arcing after the fuse is blown but I get them because the sand also dampens the fuse element so it doesn't vibrate, which can affect the final sound. The PS is extremely important as everything is downstream from it.

Jam hows your ha300 mk2 sounding lately? You are the only one that did a cap roll.

May 19, 2024 at 8:17 PM Post #6,450 of 6,488
Jam hows your ha300 mk2 sounding lately? You are the only one that did a cap roll.
I don't know if I am the only one. The stock caps are fine but I like Duelund caps. It sounds very good, with a natural hall sound, tight bass and excellent depth and width.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back