Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 19, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #10,771 of 10,895
with cable use from mojo 2 to amplifier? Audioquest? I have an qed cable but sound bad
I use an audioquest. No problems so far. If you search this thread for audioquest or "RCA cable", you will find a lot of talk about different aspects of cables like ease of use, robustness, mention of different price ranges and brands of 3.5toRCA-cables. Very interesting read. Regarding SQ … [I pass on fully...]

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #10,772 of 10,895
Been enjoying the stock sound so far with the SR3. Only just decided to play with crossfeed. What's your all takes and preferred settings?
Crossfeed level 1, can’t do without it. 😂

May 19, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #10,773 of 10,895
Crossfeed level 1, can’t do without it. 😂
I quickly cycled through, didn't spend more than a minute on either. Will do as time goes on though.. At this stage just focusing on the stock sound

May 19, 2024 at 6:28 AM Post #10,774 of 10,895
Do the different levels of crossfeed increase on the first setting or are they all have different environments?

May 19, 2024 at 6:54 AM Post #10,777 of 10,895
Each one is more of the same, I think. Happy to be corrected.
That's what I meant, more of the first stage just increased. Only a quick cycle though the highest didn't have the sparkle of stock I found.

May 19, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #10,778 of 10,895
I always have a feeling that the crossfeed only makes the soundstage even more intimate as it kindof centers the image. I already feel that the Mojo soundstage is not that wide, so I only use it for old music with the severe channel imbalance.

May 19, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #10,780 of 10,895
I always have a feeling that the crossfeed only makes the soundstage even more intimate as it kindof centers the image. I already feel that the Mojo soundstage is not that wide, so I only use it for old music with the severe channel imbalance.
Fully understand that perspective.

Crossfeed is a matter of taste and preference, not right or wrong. IMHO.

May 19, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #10,781 of 10,895
My experience as well. I find that crossfeed doesn't do much with most modern recordings--other than unnecessarily narrow the soundstage. But it can work wonders on older recordings with hard stereo separation in which instruments only appear in either L or R, but not both. To paraphrase Cookie Monster, "Crossfeed is a sometimes food."

May 19, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #10,782 of 10,895
I think it will get alot of use frome the
Alot of stuff I listen is oldwr rock. Zeppelin, rainbow, budgie eg

May 19, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #10,784 of 10,895
I am using AQ Yosetmite, upgraded from BigSur.
If you have any traditional RCA-RCA cables, you can try this adaptor: https://www.audioquest.com/products/mini-rca-adaptor
I'd better not allow myself to be tempted to approach a 1:1 ratio pricewise regarding DAC:Cable. (But who knows?) The adaptor I should have mentioned. But out of curiosity and because I use BigSur: where in your View is the upgrade - _apart_ from price - SQ, ease of use, peace of mind? Seriously. In this case, please do not refer to the website :wink:
@giuseppe75: I didn't mean to be impolite, but the truth is always buried in the thread, providing a lot of information, but I confess: asking sometimes is faster than finding.

May 19, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #10,785 of 10,895
I am using AQ Yosetmite, upgraded from BigSur.
If you have any traditional RCA-RCA cables, you can try this adaptor: https://www.audioquest.com/products/mini-rca-adaptor

The AQ adapter is okay, but works poorly with stiff cables (like most of the upper tier AQ stuff). Even Nordost cables are clunky with this adapter. Nice idea, not great with such a small device like Mojo2.

It's worth getting a quality 3.5 to RCA cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back