Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 15, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #18,091 of 18,240
Thank you . I will try wide bore tips. I agree Enigma has narrow stage as a result crowded imaging ?
Try TRI CLARION eartips. They are not expensive and very good with Enigma

No more Enigma on sale. Those who did not buy one have missed an amazing IEM, the best from IMR and my personal endgame

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #18,092 of 18,240
1000001544.jpg

May 15, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #18,093 of 18,240
May 15, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #18,094 of 18,240
First of all many thanks to @Headphoneprobs who sent them to me at a ridiculous price with an additional amazing thick 4threaded cable for practically peanuts.
As I am grateful to @yaps66 before him who did the same with his Titans. It is so precious to have this community going.

Now, NaLe are a dark sounding, safely tuned IEM (in IMR terms), with tremendous bass, sweet midrange and recessed treble, just right for sensitive ears like mine. I think it is close to what I expected it to be and I consider that it will be more resolving in details with change of filter combo. Smooth and powerful I might say in a few words.

Bob, mass produce this for around 200 euro and you'll have a steady flow of cash coming in. I intend to keep them on a Bluetooth set.

Enigma in comparison are more a open sounding IEM, more detailed and balanced. A better IEM in many ways. And multiple times more expensive...

1000001551.jpg

May 15, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #18,096 of 18,240
Hey dude you are in a wrong neighborhood
IMG_20240515_192011_edit_464668364428573.jpg

Pssss, I found the way to distinguish enigma+ from not plus.
Plus version has 2 holes under the 2pin connection, not plus just one.

Some update regarding EDP ACE: they has really nice synergy with pentaconn coreir brass tips.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #18,097 of 18,240
I've had a special guest in my home since May 4th. I think it will be a long-time resident.

Enigma1.jpg

I'm not sure how I have joined the "kilobuck" IEM club. On April 28th, I was looking at the IMR eBay account. I had a discount for an open-back AMT. Could I? Should I? Words from glowing reviews filled my head as my finger poised to click the mouse button to complete the purchase.

But no. It's too much.

But yes ... live a little! Finally, with the purchase page waiting for me once again, with the dire words in red, "last one!" urging me to act, I click the buy button. Tax? I have to pay tax, making it even more expensive? Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound, right? Many pounds. In fact, aside from cars, the most I have ever spent on one item for myself.

Enigma2.jpg

Holy moly, I bought an Enigma AMT.

And six days later, it reached me in the western US. Lightning quick.

So, what do I think? Since receiving it, I haven't used any other IEMs or headphones (well, that's a white lie: when walking the dog I use my AirPod Pros). Speaking of Gandalf (he's the dog) ... he's not that impressed.

Enigma3.jpg

• Do I like them? Yes.
  • Are they worth it? Seems like it.
  • Are they better than the Elan+? Probably.
  • Is there a "night and day difference" between the Elan+ and the Enigma that @paggio mentioned? ... probably not. I figured he was exaggerating anyway.

However ...

Just last night I got the Xinhs K01 8-core 7N bright copper+7N dark copper that our friend @PeacockObscura recommended a couple weeks back and right away I was feeling something different. Something ... visceral and alive. I've played around with a few cables on the Enigma, and even the stock 4.4mm (which seems to have better ear hooks now) seemed better than before. But this cable demands further listening.

So, impressions (of Enigma, generally, not the cable):
  • Bass? Oh yes. (currently using blue lower and purple upper)
  • Tasteful treble? Truly delicious.
  • Definition? Definitely.
  • Body? Bodacious!
  • Space? In spades. My current analysis is that it's taller than it is wide ... but that doesn't mean it sounds narrow or wonky.
I’ll start doing some A/Bing as best I can. I feel like I don’t remember how the Elan+ sound, having not used them for almost two weeks.

My first "wow" moment came last week listening to my new The Yes Album vinyl. On "Starship Trooper” Chris Squire’s masterful bass work was pure, weighty, and clear, while Jon Anderson’s vocals stood out in their own right, sounding pristine and fresh. Amazing on both ends.

Speaking of bass (the instrument), I could listening to the opening passage of “Heart of the Sunrise” on a loop using the Enigma. This has long been one of my test tracks. The more it feels like I’m between Chris’s strings, the better I feel about a given IEM or headphone. Definitely feeling it with the Enigma.

My personal IEM journey is now: KZ ZS10 Pro > FiiO FH5 > IMR Elan > IMR Dark Matter > IMR Elan + > IMR Enigma AMT Open Back. Within that, for briefer spells, were the R2 Red, Ozar, EDP Ace, and Zenith 2.

I may actually part with my Elan+ now. I was unwilling to trade them in because I have such a bond with them. (As an aside, I was a bit surprised to learn they won't do an "after the fact" trade in, which seems peculiar to me. Why does it matter when it happens?)

Glad I have them ...

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #18,099 of 18,240
Ich habe keine Ahnung, wie das Paket bei mir gelandet ist, es war wahrscheinlich eine Mischung aus all den guten Bewertungen hier und einem sehr guten eBay-Angebot von Bob. Aber jetzt, wo es da ist, kann es definitiv bei mir bleiben, ein sehr gutes IEM und wahrscheinlich ein Grund, sich von anderen zu trennen. Ich werde nur meinen Oriolus Szalayi behalten, der auch wunderbare Bässe hat, aber nicht so spannende Mitten und Höhen, dafür aber eine breitere Bühne, die ihn schön ruhig wirken lässt.
1000045241.jpg

May 15, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #18,100 of 18,240
Did you order with recessed or with normal 0.78 connectors?
Recessed. And I used my dremel this morning to carefully grind off a bit of plastic for a better fit.

Ich habe keine Ahnung, wie das Paket bei mir gelandet ist, es war wahrscheinlich eine Mischung aus all den guten Bewertungen hier und einem sehr guten eBay-Angebot von Bob. Aber jetzt, wo es da ist, kann es definitiv bei mir bleiben, ein sehr gutes IEM und wahrscheinlich ein Grund, sich von anderen zu trennen. Ich werde nur meinen Oriolus Szalayi behalten, der auch wunderbare Bässe hat, aber nicht so spannende Mitten und Höhen, dafür aber eine breitere Bühne, die ihn schön ruhig wirken lässt.
Sehr schoen, und ich bedanke mich fuer deinen Bericht!

May 15, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #18,101 of 18,240
May 16, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #18,102 of 18,240
I've had a special guest in my home since May 4th. I think it will be a long-time resident.

Enigma1.jpg

I'm not sure how I have joined the "kilobuck" IEM club. On April 28th, I was looking at the IMR eBay account. I had a discount for an open-back AMT. Could I? Should I? Words from glowing reviews filled my head as my finger poised to click the mouse button to complete the purchase.

But no. It's too much.

But yes ... live a little! Finally, with the purchase page waiting for me once again, with the dire words in red, "last one!" urging me to act, I click the buy button. Tax? I have to pay tax, making it even more expensive? Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound, right? Many pounds. In fact, aside from cars, the most I have ever spent on one item for myself.

Enigma2.jpg

So, what do I think? Since receiving it, I haven't used any other IEMs or headphones (well, that's a white lie: when walking the dog I use my AirPod Pros). Speaking of Gandalf (he's the dog) ... he's not that impressed.

Enigma3.jpg

• Do I like them? Yes.
  • Is there a "night and day difference" between the Elan+ and the Enigma that @paggio mentioned? ... probably not. I figured he was exaggerating anyway.

However ...

Just last night I got the Xinhs K01 8-core 7N bright copper+7N dark copper that our friend @PeacockObscura recommended a couple weeks back and right away I was feeling something different. Something ... visceral and alive. I've played around with a few cables on the Enigma, and even the stock 4.4mm (which seems to have better ear hooks now) seemed better than before. But this cable demands further listening.

So, impressions:
  • Body? Bodacious!
  • Space? In spades. My current analysis is that it's taller than it is wide ... but that doesn't mean it sounds narrow or wonky.
I’ll start doing some A/Bing as best I can. I feel like I don’t remember how the Elan+ sound, having not used them for almost two weeks.

My first "wow" moment came last week listening to my new The Yes Album vinyl. On "Starship Trooper” Chris Squire’s masterful bass work was pure, weighty, and clear, while Jon Anderson’s vocals stood out in their own right, sounding pristine and fresh. Amazing on both ends.

Speaking of bass (the instrument), I could listening to the opening passage of “Heart of the Sunrise” on a loop using the Enigma. This has long been one of my test tracks. The more it feels like I’m between Chris’s strings, the better I feel about a given IEM or headphone. Definitely feeling it with the Enigma.

My personal IEM journey is now: KZ ZS10 Pro > FiiO FH5 > IMR Elan > IMR Dark Matter > IMR Elan + > IMR Enigma AMT Open Back. Within that, for briefer spells, were the R2 Red, Ozar, EDP Ace, and Zenith 2.

I may actually part with my Elan+ now. I was unwilling to trade them in because I have such a bond with them. (As an aside, I was a bit surprised to learn they won't do an "after the fact" trade in, which seems peculiar to me. Why does it matter when it happens?)

Glad I have them ...
Hey! Great impressions and so happy it worked out for you!

May 16, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #18,103 of 18,240

But no. It's too much.

• Do I like them? Yes.

However ...

So, impressions:
  • Body? Bodacious!

Glad I have them ...
Amazing. Glad you bought them .
Hope you enjoy many awesome hours of music with them !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back