Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 7, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #63,931 of 64,107
Just when I felt I didn’t need any more KZ, I got the D-FI for 7$ and the ZVX for 4.50 on AliExpress. I’m going to compare them to the old EDX. Lit the battle of the single DD begin! Although I’m sure none of them can rival my AirPods Pro 2.

May 7, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #63,932 of 64,107
Just when I felt I didn’t need any more KZ, I got the D-FI for 7$ and the ZVX for 4.50 on AliExpress. I’m going to compare them to the old EDX. Lit the battle of the single DD begin! Although I’m sure none of them can rival my AirPods Pro 2.
Airpod pro is Apple over engineering met abit unfortunate apple design language.
but it is good item

Crin have long ass video on it.

May 8, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #63,933 of 64,107
Just received my KZ AS24 standard version, enjoying it so far. Compared to my KZ ASTs, they sound quite different. The ASTs are certainly warmer across the midrange, with deeper bass, but the AS24 has more midrange presence and the highs are sparkling and detailed. Early days yet, will take an in-depth listen tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0400.jpeg
    IMG_0400.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 0
May 8, 2024 at 1:03 AM Post #63,934 of 64,107
Just received my KZ AS24 standard version, enjoying it so far. Compared to my KZ ASTs, they sound quite different. The ASTs are certainly warmer across the midrange, with deeper bass, but the AS24 has more midrange presence and the highs are sparkling and detailed. Early days yet, will take an in-depth listen tomorrow.
Don’t know about the standard version but with switches I needed a more V-shaped option to balance out the gallons of smooth midrange it has: all bass and high treble switches UP!

May 8, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #63,935 of 64,107
Airpod pro is Apple over engineering met abit unfortunate apple design language.
but it is good item

Crin have long ass video on it.

I’ll watch this in the morning but who cares how they engineered it… if they really made a single DD sound that good that it competes and even surpasses my multi-driver IEMs on some tracks, I’m all for it. You gotta find the right EQ though. The app sound test boosted the vocal range for me and that made all the difference.

May 8, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #63,939 of 64,107
And another. KZ x Angelears Libra:

Apparently it will cost around $15.
Phew. Prices and inflation just keep exploding these days.

On another note. The KZ ZAX were my favorite KZ'ers for some time. I preferred the ZAX over the ZS10 Pro X, Krila, EDSX. There is something special and fun and engaging signature.

Then I got the KZ-PR1 Pro for the 30 USD offer last month. I found out that the KZ-PR1 Pro worked better for me with silicone tips (from the ZAX) instead of the foam-tips they have included. Then they are my new KZ-favorite. More open and engaging sound. More details and still with punch and dynamics.

May 8, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #63,940 of 64,107
a new pokemon, probably mega evolution from an unknown creature.

1000004322.jpg
I haven't found the design of KZ and CCA products appealing for quite a long time and the cheapness, unimaginative and indifferent nature of them screams out. With such a cadence of new (and, from a consumer's point of view, completely useless) models, it's no wonder. I never thought that the 'ultra fast fashion' business model, with all its negatives, would be applied to audio.

However, the appearance of this "creation" already attacks the worst of the under-$2 category that jumps out at you from the Aliexpress ads.

Pardon my negativity, but I'm not having a good day and needed to get out what I was thinking.

May 8, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #63,941 of 64,107
I recently bought my 2nd PR2 for 25€ (a steal).

I didn't found that usual screamy treble at all. It's well contained and super airy, in a good way.
Almost as good and enjoyable as the Artti T10 actually, in a more detailed way. Not harsh at all. Quality bass and very good mids also. I use foam tips.

Does anyone knows if there's a new revised PR2?

May 8, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #63,944 of 64,107
I haven't found the design of KZ and CCA products appealing for quite a long time and the cheapness, unimaginative and indifferent nature of them screams out. With such a cadence of new (and, from a consumer's point of view, completely useless) models, it's no wonder. I never thought that the 'ultra fast fashion' business model, with all its negatives, would be applied to audio.

However, the appearance of this "creation" already attacks the worst of the under-$2 category that jumps out at you from the Aliexpress ads.

Pardon my negativity, but I'm not having a good day and needed to get out what I was thinking.
I generally agree with this but the Symphony is one of their best designs ever, and the AS24 is pretty as well.

May 8, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #63,945 of 64,107
I’m enjoying the AS24 standard edition. Even after 10 hours break in has a tight bass, pronounced midrange which is a lot less warmth than the KZ AST. The highs are very detailed, not bright and stand out far more than on the KZ AST.

It’s definitely a step up from my KZ S10 Pro X in all areas. I personally rate my AST as the best sounding ( to my ears) than the Simgot EA500LM, and the NiceHCK F1 Pro, and the Kinera Celest PhoenixCall which I also use on a regular basis.

To me I rate the AS24 the second best sounding IEM I own. It only lacks the warmth through the vocals that the AST has, but excels in the highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back