Need portable Headphone!!
Sep 10, 2017 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

basshead007

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm not that much of an audiophile but I would like to get a new pair of cans. I'm currently rocking a Sennheiser IE80 and the cable is such a mess... I've already bought 2 replacement cables and the 2nd one just broke. I'm going to mainly be listening in quiet public places (bus, library, etc.) And would like headphones or an IEM that just sound really fun! I love my bass and would love anything that is fairly quiet to the outside world (definitely no open-back). Personally I don't care about accurate sound reproduction, but rather anything that sounds fun and good with hip-hop, pop, and a little rap. My budget is about $175. And if anyone can recommend a good IE80 cable I'm open for it my main problem is that the cable tears right around the part where it meets the actual driver. Anyway thanks for your help in advance!

Edit: forgot to mention I don't have an entire FLAC collection as I mainly listen to Spotify

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #2 of 3
Hey guys, I'm not that much of an audiophile but I would like to get a new pair of cans. I'm currently rocking a Sennheiser IE80 and the cable is such a mess... I've already bought 2 replacement cables and the 2nd one just broke. I'm going to mainly be listening in quiet public places (bus, library, etc.) And would like headphones or an IEM that just sound really fun! I love my bass and would love anything that is fairly quiet to the outside world (definitely no open-back). Personally I don't care about accurate sound reproduction, but rather anything that sounds fun and good with hip-hop, pop, and a little rap. My budget is about $175. And if anyone can recommend a good IE80 cable I'm open for it my main problem is that the cable tears right around the part where it meets the actual driver. Anyway thanks for your help in advance!

This could have a lot less to do with the IE80 and more with how you use them. How you roll up the cables, how you move them, even your sweat acidity.

You can try something cheap but with a removable cable, like the KZ ZST or ZS3. That way you can use it more often when outside. Break the cable, buy another cable or a new set of the earphones. Lose one ear piece while the cable is failing, and you won't feel too bad and can pick up a new one right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back